2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not secured yet. I am sure it will be, but they are working with JP Morgan to get the private investors on board. LCC will be in shortly hopefully, as it stands Moshiri has fronted up £100m for the enabling works on the dock.

Of course Usmanov's focus is on making money. Just like Moshiri's focus is on making money. They're businessmen, they aren't in it for charity. I'm sure Moshiri wants Everton to win, but the bonus of that for him is that if Everton win things, he makes money.

Usmanov's aim will be to get in with the stadium development early and suddenly he has first dibs on all of the Liverpool waters development mate. Just like how City's owners have redeveloped the entirety of east Manchester, from student accommodation to the training ground.

I actually think Moshiri will sell up once it's built and we're in, depending on where the club is at.

Mate I've seen you write this sort of thing in the past and I believe its totally wrong - there is no profit to be had from the Bramley Moore development whether that's for Moshiri or Usamov.

All we (Everton/Moshiri/Usamov) are doing is acquiring a single fairly small part of the docks from Peel to build a stadium and a little bit of ancillary stuff (shop, couple of bars etc). Unless I've missed it that's it. That project will cost the £600m or so thats being mentioned. The profit in there on that is coming from where?

The wider site you claim Usmaov is getting first dibs on is owned by Peel - an experienced, well connected and well funded developer. Peel are not going to just hand that over to anyone except at a market price. And then anyone is free to make a bit of profit on it but it's just like a farmer selling a field to put houses on.

Eg an estate agent puts a value and a for sale board on the site and anyone is free to offer £ for the land and each will expect to make his or hers % profit on that development. But then the decision rests with the farmer (in this case Peel) as to whether they are happy to take that cash for their land or do they feel they would be better off doing the development themselves seeing as they have all the tools already.

Peel are not going to give a free run at Everton making a shedload of cash on the back of their land - unless its a standard %profit margin that any developer will demand and get in return for the risk. So if the plot next to BMD is worth £50m then any developer will demand their 20% profit margin.

The only "profit" we/Moshiri/Usamov are making from BMD is in theory a football club one that a shiney new stadium increases the value of the club in terms of brand/media rights/PR. Same with Daniel Levy at Spurs - the profit from that on the £1bn cost is on future club value but at least there they have a much bigger take on hospitality and general ticket prices. The profit Spurs are making on a few flats and a hotel (on their own land) is negligible in the grand scheme and values in North London will dwarf anything seen on the docks in Liverpool.

Last edited:
Mate I've seen you write this sort of thing in the past and I believe its totally wrong - there is no profit to be had from the Bramley Moore development whether that's for Moshiri or Usamov.

All we (Everton/Moshiri/Usamov) are doing is acquiring a single fairly small part of the docks from Peel to build a stadium and a little bit of ancillary stuff (shop, couple of bars etc). Unless I've missed it that's it. That project will cost the £600m or so thats being mentioned. The profit in there on that is coming from where?

The wider site you claim Usmaov is getting first dibs on is owned by Peel - an experienced, well connected and well funded developer. Peel are not going to just hand that over to anyone except at a market price. And then anyone is free to make a bit of profit on it but it's just like a farmer selling a field to put houses on.

Eg an estate agent puts a value and a for sale board on the site and anyone is free to offer £ for the land and each will expect to make his or hers % profit on that development. But then the decision rests with the farmer (in this case Peel) as to whether they are happy to take that cash for their land or do they feel they would be better off doing the development themselves seeing as they have all the tools already.

Peel are not going to give a free run at Everton making a shedload of cash on the back of their land - unless its a standard %profit margin that any developer will demand and get in return for the risk. So if the plot next to BMD is worth £50m then any developer will demand their 20% profit margin.

The only "profit" we/Moshiri/Usamov are making from BMD is in theory a football club one that a shiney new stadium increases the value of the club in terms of brand/media rights/PR. Same with Daniel Levy at Spurs - the profit from that on the £1bn cost is on future club value but at least there they have a much bigger take on hospitality and general ticket prices. The profit Spurs are making on a few flats and a hotel (on their own land) is negligible in the grand scheme and values in North London will dwarf anything seen on the docks in Liverpool.
Of course Peel aren't going to just hand it over. But Usmanov made his billions out of steel. Would you be at all surprised if one of his companies ends up being majorly in the running for a huge contract?

Are you seriously suggesting that Moshiri's prime aim at Everton is not to earn money?

Daniel Levy isn't the owner at Spurs, he owns 30% of the company that owns them and Joe Lewis owns the rest. Moshiri is our majority shareholder.

I also don't see how any of what you've said means it's unlikely we sell a player next year for big money.

We've sold Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, Gana throughout Moshiri's time here.

If he's fully fit he starts Saturday anything less and we wait until after the international break and hopefully there will be a closer to full strength team to come back to.

He wont play. Everton dont want complications with Brazil and their claims on him.

West Ham at home we'll see him next.

He wont play. Everton dont want complications with Brazil and their claims on him.

West Ham at home we'll see him next.
They've already named their squad tbf, so it wouldn't have changed really. He wasn't available at the time they named their squad.

But it's highly doubtful he'll be fit for Saturday. He's only doing gym work.

We just haven't got the players available to beat United on Saturday IMO. Not with the luck we get at OT and our current injuries. We don't have that stardust needed either when we're so short.

Don't risk him. If he trains at all, have him on the bench as a boost but if not, give him full time to recover. The medical department need to get him and Dom back over that break though.

Absolutely no chance he'll be risked for a fixture we would struggle in regardless. They extra 2 weeks could make all the difference and with him and maybe DCL and Coleman back the garden looks a lot healthier. I suspect he may be off in the summer but the good thing is he will try to play and win every minute if every game until then.

Cant say fairer than that can you? Loves it here but does not know what the future holds.
Lets hope we get him back on the pitch sooner rather than later.

They've already named their squad tbf, so it wouldn't have changed really. He wasn't available at the time they named their squad.

But it's highly doubtful he'll be fit for Saturday. He's only doing gym work.

We just haven't got the players available to beat United on Saturday IMO. Not with the luck we get at OT and our current injuries. We don't have that stardust needed either when we're so short.

Don't risk him. If he trains at all, have him on the bench as a boost but if not, give him full time to recover. The medical department need to get him and Dom back over that break though.
Maybe, but declaring him unfit for them and then playing him complicates things.

Status
Not open for further replies.