2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The subsequently bottled top 4 twice, but still qualified for the Europa. I know every blue here would bite their hands off if offered regular European football.

That or spend hundreds and stagnate, I know what sounds good to me.
I know mate absolutely. They've recovered from it. Should be us at the very least that. Leicester ffs

I keep saying the same thing mate. Our owner/owners have no desire to put any more of their own money into the squad. The people on here who keep banging on about the end of the season being the point at which we are free from financial restraints as we will lose several high earners have a shock coming.

Ffp orwhatever the prems version of it is called, is not the reason we can't spend. We can't spend because we haven't got the money and our owners are not giving us any more to waste
We are trying to keep within the premier league sustainability rules. If we breach them then at least we can demonstrate we have been trying to balance the books by not spending like we have been. That’s the reason we spent peanuts not because the money isn’t available. Had we gone out and spent £100m it would have been sticking 2 fingers up at the FA rules and would have put us in deep trouble

I keep saying the same thing mate. Our owner/owners have no desire to put any more of their own money into the squad. The people on here who keep banging on about the end of the season being the point at which we are free from financial restraints as we will lose several high earners have a shock coming.

Ffp orwhatever the prems version of it is called, is not the reason we can't spend. We can't spend because we haven't got the money and our owners are not giving us any more to waste
FFP/P&S is a huge reason why we are restricted in that we can't even spend what we do have. But yeah, people acting like we'd have £60m to throw at players if only we could shift two or three high earners are barking up the wrong tree.

There is nothing wrong with selling to buy, btw. It's how a club runs sustainably. Squad turnover.

But, we need to get better at moving out fringe players. Decisions need to be made quickly and not left like we have done with Kenny, Broadhead (stupidly given a new deal), Pennington and Garbutt in the past.

Then, when it comes to selling a player like Richarlison, the replacement needs to be lined up well before and, ideally, in before Richarlison ever goes. This, I hope, was shown to at least have some forward planning when it came to Diaz, a player who plays in that left channel and would really be competing with Richarlison for a spot anyway.

We are trying to keep within the premier league sustainability rules. If we breach them then at least we can demonstrate we have been trying to balance the books by not spending like we have been. That’s the reason we spent peanuts not because the money isn’t available. Had we gone out and spent £100m it would have been sticking 2 fingers up at the FA rules and would have put us in deep trouble
It's nothing to do with the FA. It's the Premier League.

We don't have £100m to spend. You are dead right that we had to cut our cloth accordingly but if we had decided to stick two fingers up, it wouldn't have been us spending £100m. It'd have been £15-20m because that's all we had.

We showed that with the max on our offers for Patterson (fairly so, I don't think we should lob more than £8m for a 19-yr-old RB with 25 senior games), AMN (wouldn't go in to purchase) and Diaz (had to try and include James and offer to pay some of his wages to subsidise a fee).

It is what it is. I'm not moaning about it. It's just the way the club is going to have to be run.

It's also a major reason why Benitez was given the job. Whatever his faults (his managerial faults, not his history), he's a safe pair of hands.

Well, wait until Richarlison is gone before you see any big spend here. The owners are businessmen not Evertonians. How much more money do you expect them to invest in the squad when they have spent half a billion and made no progress? The football side of the club will have to balance its books , so sell to buy.

Any future large injection of cash from the owners will be for Bramley-Moore.

I know mate absolutely. They've recovered from it. Should be us at the very least that. Leicester ffs

Just frustrating.
Everything has just been done terribly.

I always cite Leicester and the reason I do is because they won the league then did what we did and spent a load of money on below average players, quickly re-assessed and focussed on their youth and signing young players who they could resell if needed.

We’ve done moderately well, with youth signings as we sold in for profit, such as Lookman, Vlasic etc but we’ve just got it so wrong.

Selling Richarlison seems like an inevitability, but equally a dangerous move given our past record with signing players.

Iwobi £34m
Sigurdsson £45m
Gomes £24m
Walcott £20m
Tosun £28m
Bolasie £28m
Schneiderlin £24m

Richarlison going is the right cycle, but given we’ve got 4- years needing a right back and not even bothered recruiting, I’m terrified of what May come of selling him and Calvert Lewin.

You’re wrong IMO. Rafael said last the week the OWENERS YES OWENERS want to spend and back me, but are handicapped by the premier league rules. Which could change, who knows. We also will potentially be better off wages wise, by 40 mil give or take in the space of 12 months.

Richarlison will probably go, because how can we keep a Brazilian international longer than 4yrs while finishing mid table. The club banking on it, I’m not sure about that. But add the wages saved, hopefully 30 for kean. Add in if we a can shift a few of, Holgate, Davies, iwobi, Gomes.

We will re-set our profit & sustainability over night.

And isn’t the ground finances, separate? And the funding is sorted apparently, the LCC you mention is less than 10% 30mil loan and 15mil towards the area I think. yes we have to pay it back, but the extra revenue will easy cover that. Add In a big naming rights deal and bigger sponsorship deals.

You’re trying to paint a very negative picture, personally I think you’re miles off.
They do want to spend and back him. But that spend doesn't mean £100m mate. It could mean the £20m we probably have available but without financial wiggle room on the books we couldn't spend it. At least with James gone (only positive) it is a top earner off the books so in January there's some more wiggle room there. The issue is where do we make that £20m go in January, in a window with less value as selling clubs in Europe also start to benefit from having fans back in the ground etc.

The wages will also help with that next year. But we won't be spending big without a sale. That's the way the club will be run - and it is completely fair. But, we have to trust that the people in charge will get it right. I don't know if they will. The 2019 window was atrocious for us, and we did sell quite a bit - £14m for Vlasic, £2m for McCarthy, £18m Lookman, £30m Gueye.

We'll have to see what January brings. In terms of P&S, we've got Kean, James off the books, and Vlasic and Kean's sell-on/loan fee for the season to now add in. So we might well have £20-30m to spend in that window.

But the main money, for the time being, is going into the stadium. £100m from Moshiri's pocket for enabling works alone, and he may well have to chuck in more. That's his (and Usmanov's) focus now, because that development is the only thing that's going to make them money

It's nothing to do with the FA. It's the Premier League.

We don't have £100m to spend. You are dead right that we had to cut our cloth accordingly but if we had decided to stick two fingers up, it wouldn't have been us spending £100m. It'd have been £15-20m because that's all we had.

We showed that with the max on our offers for Patterson (fairly so, I don't think we should lob more than £8m for a 19-yr-old RB with 25 senior games), AMN (wouldn't go in to purchase) and Diaz (had to try and include James and offer to pay some of his wages to subsidise a fee).

It is what it is. I'm not moaning about it. It's just the way the club is going to have to be run.

It's also a major reason why Benitez was given the job. Whatever his faults (his managerial faults, not his history), he's a safe pair of hands.
The club is going to have to be run. Again that’s not what I see moving forward.
Yes we have to be cleverer in the market, maybe shorter deals and better terms for us.

All teams are doing it, Liverpool paid 4mil down on jota last season. Arsenal did similar signing Pepe. You see Spurs doing a loan to buy. But I still think If a certain player is available, the Owners will push the boat out

Just frustrating.
Everything has just been done terribly.

I always cite Leicester and the reason I do is because they won the league then did what we did and spent a load of money on below average players, quickly re-assessed and focussed on their youth and signing young players who they could resell if needed.

We’ve done moderately well, with youth signings as we sold in for profit, such as Lookman, Vlasic etc but we’ve just got it so wrong.

Selling Richarlison seems like an inevitability, but equally a dangerous move given our past record with signing players.

Iwobi £34m
Sigurdsson £45m
Gomes £24m
Walcott £20m
Tosun £28m
Bolasie £28m
Schneiderlin £24m

Richarlison going is the right cycle, but given we’ve got 4- years needing a right back and not even bothered recruiting, I’m terrified of what May come of selling him and Calvert Lewin.
We have spunked millions up the wall mate the last 10 years it's heartbreaking. I probably wouldn't count Sigurdsson in the above list but take him out and its 160 million on garbage. It's a complete joke. rs/utd/spurs spend 50 odd million on a flop and it goes largely unnoticed.

They do want to spend and back him. But that spend doesn't mean £100m mate. It could mean the £20m we probably have available but without financial wiggle room on the books we couldn't spend it. At least with James gone (only positive) it is a top earner off the books so in January there's some more wiggle room there. The issue is where do we make that £20m go in January, in a window with less value as selling clubs in Europe also start to benefit from having fans back in the ground etc.

The wages will also help with that next year. But we won't be spending big without a sale. That's the way the club will be run - and it is completely fair. But, we have to trust that the people in charge will get it right. I don't know if they will. The 2019 window was atrocious for us, and we did sell quite a bit - £14m for Vlasic, £2m for McCarthy, £18m Lookman, £30m Gueye.

We'll have to see what January brings. In terms of P&S, we've got Kean, James off the books, and Vlasic and Kean's sell-on/loan fee for the season to now add in. So we might well have £20-30m to spend in that window.

But the main money, for the time being, is going into the stadium. £100m from Moshiri's pocket for enabling works alone, and he may well have to chuck in more. That's his (and Usmanov's) focus now, because that development is the only thing that's going to make them money
They have by all accounts got the £350mil funding. And if usmanov’s focus was making money, why would he give us 30mil for the first choice on naming rights, maybe I’m missing something in how this works.

I also think Moshiri won’t want a team going into that ground having just finished 12th or something.

Maybe he’s going to sell up once it’s built.

The club is going to have to be run. Again that’s not what I see moving forward.
Yes we have to be cleverer in the market, maybe shorter deals and better terms for us.

All teams are doing it, Liverpool paid 4mil down on jota last season. Arsenal did similar signing Pepe. You see Spurs doing a loan to buy. But I still think If a certain player is available, the Owners will push the boat out
100% they will, when they can try. I am not disputing that. But that would subsequently have to be balanced off by sales.

For example, let's say we go back in to Porto in January for Diaz. We haven't got any bargaining chip to use but we do have James' wages (whether they're 160/170k as the Al Rayyan fee would suggest, or 200k+ like has been inconsistently reported) free, we do have Kean's pay packet freed up, plus a small sell-on from Vlasic plus Kean's 4m Euro loan fee which is due in at the end of this season. So we genuinely might have £30m to play with and we have financial wiggle room in terms of the books. Diaz was keen to come, and personal terms were supposedly not an issue in August and had all but been agreed in principle.

So in that case, if the P&S room was there, the owner(s) might say, here's an extra cash injection. It depends what Porto would want. They wanted his buy-out in late August (68m) - would they want that again? If so. would the owner(s) put that cash up (£30m extra?) to get the deal done? But then that would absolutely have to be on the proviso that there is a sale next summer (unless we got into the CL pretty much).

But they've also given full control of recruitment to Benitez.

They have by all accounts got the £350mil funding. And if usmanov’s focus was making money, why would he give us 30mil for the first choice on naming rights, maybe I’m missing something in how this works.

I also think Moshiri won’t want a team going into that ground having just finished 12th or something.

Maybe he’s going to sell up once it’s built.
It's not secured yet. I am sure it will be, but they are working with JP Morgan to get the private investors on board. LCC will be in shortly hopefully, as it stands Moshiri has fronted up £100m for the enabling works on the dock.

Of course Usmanov's focus is on making money. Just like Moshiri's focus is on making money. They're businessmen, they aren't in it for charity. I'm sure Moshiri wants Everton to win, but the bonus of that for him is that if Everton win things, he makes money.

Usmanov's aim will be to get in with the stadium development early and suddenly he has first dibs on all of the Liverpool waters development mate. Just like how City's owners have redeveloped the entirety of east Manchester, from student accommodation to the training ground.

I actually think Moshiri will sell up once it's built and we're in, depending on where the club is at.

It's not secured yet. I am sure it will be, but they are working with JP Morgan to get the private investors on board. LCC will be in shortly hopefully, as it stands Moshiri has fronted up £100m for the enabling works on the dock.

Of course Usmanov's focus is on making money. Just like Moshiri's focus is on making money. They're businessmen, they aren't in it for charity. I'm sure Moshiri wants Everton to win, but the bonus of that for him is that if Everton win things, he makes money.

Usmanov's aim will be to get in with the stadium development early and suddenly he has first dibs on all of the Liverpool waters development mate. Just like how City's owners have redeveloped the entirety of east Manchester, from student accommodation to the training ground.

I actually think Moshiri will sell up once it's built and we're in, depending on where the club is at.
Once it’s built and if and it’s a big if the club is in a competitive position on the pitch it wouldn’t surprise me if he sold up as we would be a very attractive proposition

Richie will be sold next summer. That's fairly obivious. I think also fair for him. Everton should have plans in place. But I dont trust they do. A lukaku situation could developed.

Richie has been excellent for us. Even when not scoring he works so hard. Getting back, making runs. Ya he sulks, throws himself to the ground but gives it 100% in every game and has ability. Give me those 2 attributes in an everton player 7 days a week
Richy's mum curses the new stadium??

Completely agree, I'm past the point of caring about our players like I did when I was younger. But Richy has so much passion and desire, I can't help but love him. It'll hurt when he goes, but I can't blame him. It's just a shame we've had so many talented players over the years and never built around them and developed. Almost like we're resigned to losing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.