2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
News breaking:

He’s been in court today charged with drink driving after a smash, fined 25k and banned from driving for 14 months for drink driving.

Wont post the link as its the rag that is reporting it.
Bloody hell. I was hoping this was a wind up. Don't know the details as I won't click on the link but it's being reported.

He pleaded guilty to the charge of drink driving, he was breathalysed as over the legal limit, happened on the 8th of August this year, had an accident with a Jag near his home in Manchester.

That explains him being MIA since the start of the season.
Will be interesting to see if this means the "injury/toothache" is now behind him and he makes the bench on Saturday

Bloody hell. I was hoping this was a wind up. Don't know the details as I won't click on the link but it's being reported.

If this is true needs to be back in the squad ASAP. Guilt will have been obvious at the time so by putting him in the squad submitted at window close they knew they were happy with it. I can understand leaving him out before court case now he just needs to put it behind him and start contributing. I do not approve of drink driving but the club didn't deem it an offence worthy of suspense so we now need to utilise him. Squad is thread bare.

Poor luck with injuries. I think his contract expires in 2024? That's another 3 years.
He hasn't played in 2 years, it might take him one season (maybe) to catch up and that is if he stays off injuries and plays regularly.
I don't think many clubs will take the chance on him and pay him the wages he is on right now.

He pleaded guilty to the charge of drink driving, he was breathalysed as over the legal limit, happened on the 8th of August this year at 5.00am, had an accident with a Jag near his home in Manchester.

That explains him being MIA since the start of the season.
Can we fire him without severance for gross misconduct? Might be the best option to cut our losses at this stage.

Can’t we just sack him for gross misconduct then? And therefore pay him no wages as compensation.

The cheeky [Poor language removed]

Status
Not open for further replies.