2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez is a man of high standards - a few take ons against a poor Utd defence isn't enough to guarantee him 1st team football.

Now had he scored or bagged an assist against Utd I would be inclined to agree with you but he never like he never does.

He's another one of our many players who don't score and dont assist and have the odd good display followed by the usual anonymous one.

Hardly something to beat the manager with is it? Not the same as OGS benching Ronaldo is it?
Benching a young player who played well to a player who has failed miserably for 2 years is diabolical management.

You are defending the indefensible because you have a bizarre agenda. If you seriously think Iwobi deserved to start then you are either trying to wind me up or fundamentally misunderstand football

Gordon needs a run of games. Must be bad when your dropped for a hopeless case like iwobi
I hate to see managers drop youngsters after a good game for crap. This stop start without justification kills their confidence. You can justify Richy ahead of Anthony any day of the week. Gordon can’t be looking at Iwobi starting ahead of him and have faith in the manager’s decision. It’s a momentum killer

I feel that Rondon actually played better than his previous games although that being said, it was a pretty poor performance. Most of the players were poor today. My main criticism today was the huge gap in midfield. There was nobody to link our defence and attack. West Ham was doing whatever they wanted in midfield. He should have brought on another player for Iwobi and added a body in central midfield to try and get some control back.
Yeah saw that massive gap as well, gave a thought and then I see rondon not even backtracking an inch, iwobi was no use either, these two gentlemen made it super difficult for everyone, Specially rondon, Rafael really needs to drop him now, and play whosoever is available, or may be push gray as the main striker and push in Gordon or anyone else in the mf, I have never seen such squad , that has thinned out so massively on losing two players.

And Gray and Townsend have been boss signings.

You would think he spent £50 million on the fella the way you are carrying on.

Freebie signing being average player shocker.

You’re attempts to not avoid admitting to the fact, that he’s made a massive mistake with Rondon are laughable and you’re embarrassing yourself even more than usual.

Why did he distance himself from our players ?
How would he have been allowed on ?
Yes he warmed up, but never sat with the rest of the bench .......
Rules Sky stated just a token substitute like two goalkeepers - we are that short of players .......
If he was eligible he would have started ......
Bed off too
He was on the bench, he could play

L O L Joey

Why is the manager above criticism to his fan club? Its fair enough to say that you blame some (or all) of the players more then him for today's result but if you've been giving him all the credit for the scruffy wins we've been getting this season then you should at least be consistent about it and also give him his share of the blame when things go badly like it did today.

You’re attempts to not avoid admitting to the fact, that he’s made a massive mistake with Rondon are laughable and you’re embarrassing yourself even more than usual.

Fachts are he was signed to come off the bench for the last 10-15 mins to try grab a goal against tiring defences.

When DCL is out Richarlison plays up top.

Its just unfortunate both have been out for 6+ week lay offs at the same time.

People can slate Rondon all they like the reality is the manager didn't have a budget to bring in anyone better realistically (apart from Charlie Austin who not one person mentioned this summer).

There would have been pitchforks out for Moshiri/Brands had they given that Italiano traitor a £1.7 million budget whereas Benitez is expected to work miracles bringing in 3x top 6 quality players! lol

Rondon is probably 4th choice striker after dcl, richarlison and Tosun. When we signed rondon on deadline day I don’t Benitez planned on him even featuring that much for us. He was probably only going to be utilised as a sub. Two weeks later Burnley decide to assassinate richarlison and dcl decides to fix his toe problem and we have ended up in this bizarre scenario where our fourth choose striker has to start every game now. The only other options are Simms and dobbin both youth players or play someone like iwobi or gray out of position as a striker.

I don’t think Benitez envisioned when signing rondon that both dcl and richarlison would be unavailable at the exact same time leaving him with very little options up front

Status
Not open for further replies.