2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saying there's no point talking about James because we sold him is the same as saying there's no point talking about DCL because he's injured. Both are relevant to the discussion
This James?

Why bring him up in the manager's thread I wonder....

Should changes have been made? Yes. Let's make the changes! Looks at the bench. On second thoughts.....

People should not panic at this stage. They are a good team and not having a forward line caught up with us.

I would question the decision to select Iwobi over Gordon and also not gambling on Mina considering the aerial threat West Ham

Interesting stat on today's Totally Football Podcast.

Everton are 19th, ahead of only Burnley, for moves of 10 passes or more, with 27 so far this season.

Brighton, for reference, have made 123 such passing sequences.

There's nothing wrong with being a counter-attacking side, but it can't be our only way of playing.

There's no way we should be stringing together, on average, 3 moves of 10 or more passes per league game so far this season. That doesn't mean you have to be obsessed with possession, either.

Welcome to Cristian Fernandez you are a much needed addition to our club and I wish you every success
It would be an idea to keep us fans regularly informed as to players injuries and progress bcs I for one am constantly baffled by how players who seemingly dont play are constantly injured and why some injuries seem to take ages to put right. It may allow us to be more informed about our team.

Welcome to Cristian Fernandez you are a much needed addition to our club and I wish you every success
It would be an idea to keep us fans regularly informed as to players injuries and progress bcs I for one am constantly baffled by how players who seemingly dont play are constantly injured and why some injuries seem to take ages to put right. It may allow us to be more informed about our team.

Sadly mate he doesn't read GOT to keep the fans informed.

Everton are 19th, ahead of only Burnley, for moves of 10 passes or more, with 27 so far this season.

There's nothing wrong with being a counter-attacking side, but it can't be our only way of playing.

There's no way we should be stringing together, on average, 3 moves of 10 or more passes per league game so far this season. That doesn't mean you have to be obsessed with possession, either.

I think we were near the bottom of all those stats last season too.

Do we have the players to play any other way?

I agree we should have more than one way of playing, but I feel many of our squad struggle with just the one

I think Rafael also knows this so is using this style till the next transfer window opens and we can hopefully improve the squad

What's the saying, you can't polish a turd?

Status
Not open for further replies.