2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophistry: noun; "The use of clever but ultimately false arguments, with the intention of 'proving' your point."
If you're going to call something sophistry, it's incumbent upon you to demonstrate that. Otherwise, it looks like you're the sophist.

I'm not sure what you're implying about the manager, either. If the squad is rubbish, why are the results top half? Is Benitez a genius? Have the opponents been that dire? Have we been getting insanely lucky? I'm curious as to what you're getting at.

Interesting stat on today's Totally Football Podcast.

Everton are 19th, ahead of only Burnley, for moves of 10 passes or more, with 27 so far this season.

Brighton, for reference, have made 123 such passing sequences.

There's nothing wrong with being a counter-attacking side, but it can't be our only way of playing.

There's no way we should be stringing together, on average, 3 moves of 10 or more passes per league game so far this season. That doesn't mean you have to be obsessed with possession, either.
Someone gets paid to count passes in football games.

Life ain’t fair.

We’ve been poor lately. Not sure how we’re on the same points as 6th-placed Man Utd.

R.A.F.A. inherited an awful squad and wasn’t allowed to spend anything to improve it due to the financial fair play rules. Meanwhile, Man City, who have spent around £3bn on transfer fees, were allowed to splash out £100million on one player! Inexplicable!

As an aside I was bitterly disappointed in the crowd today. We’re called supporters and we’re there to support our players, but I heard abusive language and even booing directed at Everton players. It was only a small minority of idiots but that sort of thing is not welcome at our club and only serves to help the opposition. By all means abuse them if they’re just strolling around and not trying, but they’re doing their best. They’re just not good enough.

We miss Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin desperately. Take the two best players of the RS out of their team for six weeks and they’d struggle also.
The voice of reason.

I think we are all tired of supporting a team of such brave lionhearts: underpaid, but tirelessly giving their all.
I'll leave it to the reader to unravel the 'does not compute' fallaciousness therein that assertion.

Me? I'm just fed up with supporting a team that always turns (oxomoronically) into Frangible United whenever some fraction of a pascal of performance pressure is applied

So our players are incapable of stringing together more 10+ moves (and 10 passes isn't a huge number really) than Norwich, Newcastle, Watford etc?

I think we should have enough to us mate.
I wish you were right, but the evidence against is pretty damning

At least we are creating chances. Once we get some actual strikers back that should see us improve

Status
Not open for further replies.