2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I agree to a point but I don't think a club our size should be conceding so much possession at home to a non elite club. It has been happening far too long now, I am just not a fan of watching our opposition constantly having the ball, I find it dull and frustrating.
I dont because we have a system. That system scores some electric goals like the one at old Trafford. We have a thin squad and I am unaware of the real power structure at Everton and who is responsible for all the waste. What I do know is we have frittered cash.
Give Benitez a window or two and a bit of money and we are challenging. Keep the current first eleven fit and we will do very well.
I have not had more confidence since HK's second half of the season before he won us the title in terms of what I think we will do. We have the right man.

Doesn't seem like the new manager is pleased at the recent injury history lol

Doucoure likes this - even if it is a bit stable door-ish

Edit; I know weve always had and will have injuries, but fitness levels and injuries Seem worse, ever since Roberto- not only do I have a philosophy but a PE Cert as well-Martinez got rid of Moyeses back room staff...those that hadn't already walked due to his...I've got a PE Cert you know...interfering.

Osman nailed him " Martinez's hardest training day was like Moyeses softest"

I for one welcome our New Medical Maestro

Last edited:

Doucoure likes this - even if it is a bit stable door-ish

Edit; I know weve always had and will have injuries, but fitness levels and injuries Seem worse, ever since Roberto- not only do I have a philosophy but a PE Cert as well-Martinez got rid of Moyeses back room staff...those that hadn't already walked due to his...I've got a PE Cert you know...interfering.

Osman nailed him " Martinez's hardest training day was like Moyeses softest"

I for one welcome our New Medical Maestro

He will be completely bald within 12 months after working with this lot.

Really earning his coins now, if he has us in the top 10 by January, he is a genius.

….no doubt the Doucoure absence will be a big loss, but Jamie Carragher made an interesting point during the game on Sunday. He said Doucoure wasn’t the type of CM Benitez usually goes for.

He said Benitez prefers two CMs who don’t go absent from their defensive positions, yet Doucoure is one who often gets into opponents box. I imagine Benitez will refer to type and get somebody playing close to Allan. The problem with Davies and Gomes is that both are out of the game when an opponent runs past them.

So, two DMs who sit in is the basis for Benitez teams, I expect he’ll go that way.

….no doubt the Doucoure absence will be a big loss, but Jamie Carragher made an interesting point during the game on Sunday. He said Doucoure wasn’t the type of CM Benitez usually goes for.

He said Benitez prefers two CMs who don’t go absent from their defensive positions, yet Doucoure is one who often gets into opponents box. I imagine Benitez will refer to type and get somebody playing close to Allan. The problem with Davies and Gomes is that both are out of the game when an opponent runs past them.

So, two DMs who sit in is the basis for Benitez teams, I expect he’ll go that way.
Time for Gbamin to put his boots on then

No DCL
No Richarlison
No Doucoure

Benitez officially has a free pass this season if he didn't already have one

no
Injury ridden squad and after being starved of funds in the summer by the club = a season where he gets a pass regardless of team position.

That's the bottom line.

no

why should every manager get free passes? no wonder we go around in circles of and on the pitch.

I really don't understand why people are so salty about this West Ham loss. They are a better side than us, they proved that last season and they will most likely prove it again this season. We are a mid table side with a depleted squad who will lose plenty more games this season in similar fashion, Why are people making out like it was some shameful loss ?

Are people still delusional enough to think we should be doing better than this given the squad we have ? Its been a decent start to the season imo, historically we usually have far worse starts (last season excluded).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.