2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are never right my friend

Here take your pick....pages and pages of them.
View attachment 143768
Put the money up and they will come.
We have no more money right now, you had to notice we only spent 1.7m in the summer? and even if we do its a punt on someone who might not work leaving us in another costly mess, Rafael is the right man because of the mess made by previous duds

Ancelottie used us as a filler until a 'proper'job came along. Amusing to see two failed Everton managers fighting out the biggest game in Spain. Shows how short term and short of imagination football is.

It's obvious we didn't have a pot to piss in this summer so he'd have been off at the nearest opportunity, regardless of Madrid came calling or not. He'd have wanted 60-80m to strengthen and that simply wasn't going going happen as you see by the desperation to get the likes of Rodriguez off the pay roll

He said those who wanted pigman out couldn't name a manager they wanted that wasn't Howe or Dunc.
I gave him a name.
Simple really
No, i said wasnt a dud, a fossil or unrealistic, you failed to give me one, in fact you gave me one of the worst names possible, a manager who has said no to both Newcastle and Man United

We have no more money right now, you had to notice we only spent 1.7m in the summer? and even if we do its a punt on someone who might not work leaving us in another costly mess, Rafael is the right man because of the mess made by previous duds
Every signing, be it manager or player, is a punt. Success is never guaranteed.

No, i said wasnt a dud, a fossil or unrealistic, you failed to give me one, in fact you gave me one of the worst names possible, a manager who has said no to both Newcastle and Man United
Every name mentioned you've had some reason or other to dismiss as it doesn't fit your pro Pigman agenda.
You're becoming as tedious as the Widnes womb stretcher.

As above.
There are other managers available.
Yes there are but our owner seems to have changed stance where he was once looking for the next up and coming manager to now only going for ones that have won major honours regardless of their age.

He should be looking somewhere in the middle. There are loads to choose from then.

Unai Emery
Always though Unai Emery was very underrated and very unfairly treated. The man has won more trophies in the last few years than most clubs have (granted, not necessarily the major ones, but trophies are trophies and winning is winning). He had Arsenal to within a whisker of a UCL return at the first attempt before it went pete tong, and I cannot believe the abuse and mocking he got because his English wasn't perfect - mostly by people who probably couldn't speak a word of Spanish if their lives depended on it. Disgraceful treatment of a good man and a good manager. Can think of a lot worse appointments than him.

Always though Unai Emery was very underrated and very unfairly treated. The man has won more trophies in the last few years than most clubs have (granted, not necessarily the major ones, but trophies are trophies and winning is winning). He had Arsenal to within a whisker of a UCL return at the first attempt before it went pete tong, and I cannot believe the abuse and mocking he got because his English wasn't perfect - mostly by people who probably couldn't speak a word of Spanish if their lives depended on it. Disgraceful treatment of a good man and a good manager. Can think of a lot worse appointments than him.
Can't believe we didn't go for him when Arsenal booted him. Cracking manager.

The trajectory is alarming though, especially given the 3 key injuries we have and the forthcoming fixtures.

This is going to get a LOT worse before it starts getting any better.
I said that on Saturday. Bottom half by end of next month. Then we can start rising again with players back.

We cant panic.

Can't believe we didn't go for him when Arsenal booted him. Cracking manager.
I'm sure I recall reading that Unai Emery was either wanted for an interview or had an interview at the club, but I can't remember if that was after Carlo/pre-Rafael or before Carlo became a strong possibility. Definitely within the last couple of years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.