2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's a striker. it's what he does for Brazil he's their no 9. did you expect him to play him and Rondon and have two up front? not with the fragiity we've been showing

Playing for Brazil and playing for Everton is chalk n cheese.
Calvert lewin leads the line. Rondon was a direct replacement.
Keep those fingers crossed lad. You'll need to.

we've got to get him off the books, we're skint.
No we didn’t have to get him specifically off the books, we had to reduce the wage bill though, yes. He wasn’t even on that high a wage reportedly 50/60k a week. Tosun is on a higher wage than the guy.

If you’d said at the start of the window “we need to reduce the wage bill - let’s loan Moise Kean and replace him with Rondon” we would all, quite rightly have said, that’s insane so you’re all right thanks. If that’s the best you can do then find the savings elsewhere.

DCL with Kean as back up was fine. Allan and Doucourre with Gbamin, Delph, Gomes, Davies as back up is not fine and is a massive massive drop off. All of them need firing out a canon.

We could have loaned, sold, mutually terminated any one of these guys and it wouldn’t have weakened us at all. Could have spent our budget on the midfield where it is and has always needed spent.

I actually thought there were a few times last night where he got hold of the ball and kept it well. Unfortunately he didn’t get on it enough. Or run with it as we have seen him do for his old club and country.

I actually thought there were a few times last night where he got hold of the ball and kept it well. Unfortunately he didn’t get on it enough. Or run with it as we have seen him do for his old club and country.
I know what you mean he did carry it a couple of times. It was off the ball I found most alarming, they were literally leading him a merry dance with their movement around him. He was all at sea, didn’t know where to turn, where to be, completely out of his depth and bamboozled. He’ll be shell shocked after that, the realisation of how far he is off the pace.

No we didn’t have to get him specifically off the books, we had to reduce the wage bill though, yes. He wasn’t even on that high a wage reportedly 50/60k a week. Tosun is on a higher wage than the guy.

If you’d said at the start of the window “we need to reduce the wage bill - let’s loan Moise Kean and replace him with Rondon” we would all, quite rightly have said, that’s insane so you’re all right thanks. If that’s the best you can do then find the savings elsewhere.

DCL with Kean as back up was fine. Allan and Doucourre with Gbamin, Delph, Gomes, Davies as back up is not fine and is a massive massive drop off. All of them need firing out a canon.

We could have loaned, sold, mutually terminated any one of these guys and it wouldn’t have weakened us at all. Could have spent our budget on the midfield where it is and has always needed spent.
Juventus were the only deal in town, for us to get our money back on god knows how much money spent. We had to take it.

You can have that view after six games but I think that's way too early to say. In any event, we wern't gonna not have a striker and spend that money to replace gbamn, which is what you suggested we should have done.
Its not really too early to say, Rondon is not some unknown player or anything.

We know what he can and can't do, or at least what he could and couldn't do. He looks an absolute shell of the player he was in the past (and even then he was an average player for lower end top flight teams.)

It was a very disappointing performance, and hard to see where we go from here. The game was just far too fast for him and he couldn't get involved.

It was a mistake to not replace him in the summer.

I'm surprised he hasn't played in the 23s. He was clearly not ready to play yesterday.

I was expecting him to come in as a sub and if not then have some u23 games.

Cant understand the logic of throwing someone whose been out for 2 years into a starting line up.

My only thought is that Benitez saying:

"Players are leaving it on the training ground"

Could be directed at Gbamin looking good in training and inter-squad games but then didnt perform as expected in the match.

Or bizarrely he may be showing clubs that Gbamin is back fit now and hes good for a move to Turkey in Jan.

Third thought would be that hes throwing him in the deep end to get his confidence up.

Total guesswork.

The fact people say a free transfer is a "waste of budget" is hilarious tbh.

Shows the mess we are in but yano - the fat Spanish fellas fault.

All of it.

If Benitez signed Eddie Howe's (got your attention?) secret nephew Gashio Toshun Howe (Still there?) on a free transfer it would STILL...

Cost agent fees
Signing on fees
Wages

This all contributes to the budget the other poster mentioned.

5 players added to the wage budget is something which impacts the ability of the club to sign players...as we can see when we glance at the total wage bill.

I was expecting him to come in as a sub and if not then have some u23 games.

Cant understand the logic of throwing someone whose been out for 2 years into a starting line up.

My only thought is that Benitez saying:

"Players are leaving it on the training ground"

Could be directed at Gbamin looking good in training and inter-squad games but then didnt perform as expected in the match.

Or bizarrely he may be showing clubs that Gbamin is back fit now and hes good for a move to Turkey in Jan.

Third thought would be that hes throwing him in the deep end to get his confidence up.

Total guesswork.

If Benitez signed Eddie Howe's (got your attention?) secret nephew Gashio Toshun Howe (Still there?) on a free transfer it would STILL...

Cost agent fees
Signing on fees
Wages

This all contributes to the budget the other poster mentioned.

5 players added to the wage budget is something which impacts the ability of the club to sign players...as we can see when we glance at the total wage bill.

Every club signs dud players - its just weird how the fanbase harp on about this fella on a free when its the other £300 million wizzed up the wall that has us in the mess we are in.

If Ancelotti signed Rondon he wouldn't be hammered as much as he is. Toshun cost £27 million and is no better yet never gets the same scrutiny on here.

Its not really too early to say, Rondon is not some unknown player or anything.

We know what he can and can't do, or at least what he could and couldn't do. He looks an absolute shell of the player he was in the past (and even then he was an average player for lower end top flight teams.)
so his form is set for eternity is it? no prospect of improvement?
ok

Every club signs dud players - its just weird how the fanbase harp on about this fella on a free when its the other £300 million wizzed up the wall that has us in the mess we are in.

If Ancelotti signed Rondon he wouldn't be hammered as much as he is. Toshun cost £27 million and is no better yet never gets the same scrutiny on here.
Tosun gets no scrutiny???

Seriously? The baldy Turkish fella? No scrutiny?

Massive amounts of posts on here bemoan how much we waste money on rubbish.

Ancelotti didn't sign Rondon so what is your point there? But if he did he would get the same stick as he has been garbage so far.

He's crap, but he's better than Davies and probably Gomes if he's able to stay fit. Still goes without saying that I'd absolutely love us to get rid of him, Gomes, Davies and Delph at the end of the season.

R.f1d93c1ca4dcb849beb06d18e7c08371

so his form is set for eternity is it? no prospect of improvement?
ok
Rondon? Probably. He looks totally finished.

Its not form, he is not "playing" badly. He is barely involved and can't get near the action.

I mean it absolutely can happen. He is it the age where you can lose that half yard combined with being in a couple of footballing backwaters for the past two seasons then yeah of course it can be the case. I take no pleasure in it, I thought he was a somewhat useful player in his prime. It happens.

Tosun gets no scrutiny???

Seriously? The baldy Turkish fella? No scrutiny?

Massive amounts of posts on here bemoan how much we waste money on rubbish.

Ancelotti didn't sign Rondon so what is your point there? But if he did he would get the same stick as he has been garbage so far.

Toshun gets the odd post calling him a bald fraud etc not full on levels of abuse after 2-3 games.

Most free transfers are gash its not the club/Salomans fault the expectations are so high of a £1.7m budget.

The sensible fans knew the season was one of top half at best with that budget yet were called every name under the sun "sycophants" "lowering expectations".

No just realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.