2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Joey, I like Tom, wish him all the best and that. I take your point he's palyed in rubbish teams but so have Richarlison, and DCL, similar age to Davies but ultimately their quality shows through even when we are garbage.

Davies is nowhere near as bad as people make out but the bottom line is that the lad still after 100 games for us doesn't have a single standout quality / trait attribute. He's just painfully average.
I could name top players in our midfield ATM playing bog average - we lack pace - we do not have a killer ball or cross. I like Tom in the advanced role look how clinical he was with our first goal v Watford .... he was in a two-man midfield that day, hence the hammering .....

I think the Tom Davies from his breakthrough season would, the shadow of the player that we have now, would only drag the rest of the midfield down.

100%
His stats from 2016/17 werent brilliant but a few goals and 3 assists were ok.
His stats for the 4 years after dont even total the whole of that first year.
He has absolutely nose dived in comparison from the first year.

100%
His stats from 2016/17 werent brilliant but a few goals and 3 assists were ok.
His stats for the 4 years after dont even total the whole of that first year.
He has absolutely nose dived in comparison from the first year.
Two reasons his form declined and because he was turned into a different kind of midfielder when he came in he was more of a box to box now he's a dm

Only a year left on his deal in the summer. What are people’s predictions. I think we should let him go
Let him go? Boot him as far away as possible. Unfair I know but he has neither the pace nor craft for the PL. He would be fine a league below and they are well paid so he has a career. He could also go to Holland or Scotland and be a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.