Everton’s worst best 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a long time I have considering the fact we have had a lack of truely world class players at Everton. Only Kanchelskis and teenage Rooney meet that criteria in the modern day.
However we have had an abundance of good players that were well past their best while gracing the everton shirt. Wondered if anyone could improve on this list
pretty sure defensively there are players I have missed:

Gk - Westerveld
Rb - Sidibe (World Cup winner, bit part loan player)
Cb - Ashley Williams (stretching it a little)
Cb - gough
Lb - Kenny sansom
Rm - James
Cm - rooney (second spell)
Cm - gascoigne
Lm - ginola
Cf - e’to
Cf - mark hughes

Who have I missed?
Gough…. Seriously?? Where’s Carl tiler, or Tony Thomas??

DAVID SMALLMAN played 16 times, 15 times badly, only a kid and didn't know his name was David for months, thought it was F@&k off Smallman?

Plus Richard Gough played well for us and was a good buy, don't forget we had the likes of Carl Tiler playing Centre Back too!
There was nothing wrong with Carl Tiler!!!

I suppose Slavan Bilic has to be up there, supposed to be the real deal with West Ham, came here was sent off 3 times in his first season, spent most of his second season injured, and had to be paid off with half of the remaining 2 years wages to get him out of the club. Mind you, he was fit enough to play for Croatia in the World Cup during all this, they reached to semi final I believe.
Yeah absolutely. He was an utter disaster here.

A lot of people not understanding the thread. But Schneiderlin and Blomquist from Man Utd were awful. And anyone we’ve ever signed from Arsenal.

Based on the last 20 years or so.

Richard Wright

Cuco Martina
Per koudrup
Anthony gardener
Brendan Galloway

Paul Gascoigne
Tom Davies
David ginola
Alex iwobi

Brett angel
Mark Hughes

For a long time I have considering the fact we have had a lack of truely world class players at Everton. Only Kanchelskis and teenage Rooney meet that criteria in the modern day.
However we have had an abundance of good players that were well past their best while gracing the everton shirt. Wondered if anyone could improve on this list
pretty sure defensively there are players I have missed:

Gk - Westerveld
Rb - Sidibe (World Cup winner, bit part loan player)
Cb - Ashley Williams (stretching it a little)
Cb - gough
Lb - Kenny sansom
Rm - James
Cm - rooney (second spell)
Cm - gascoigne
Lm - ginola
Cf - e’to
Cf - mark hughes

Who have I missed?
Gough was superb for us at a difficult time

John Collins was pretty big at the time and I don't remember him doing much?
So excited when we signed him, based on him scoring a penalty v brazil and actually playing in France!

He was a neat tidy little footballer, but the league was just to physical for him.

Side note.....he once gave me a lift home when i was about 13 after bunking off school to go get tickets for Bradford away

Status
Not open for further replies.