2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t recall any players questioning ancelotti’s tactics when we had 2 bad spells last season with 1 win in 7 games and another run of 6 games without a win. People forget ancelotti is in the record books for our worst ever home record of all time. We went over 2 1/2 months without a home win in the league.
We went over 2 and a half months without any win home or away in the league this time though.

I'm be surprised if players weren't questioning his tactics though. However he at least tried to adapt and changed formation and shape etc.

Also lack of a home crowd which players seem to thrive under - see richie, Godfrey and Gray on monday.

Carlo was suave and charming. Hail fellow well met. He made you feel lucky to be in his presence. Helped him get away with crap.

Rafael gets less slack because he has no charm and says blunt things and looks like a potato.
Rafael has charm on the training ground I reckon - players play for him and always have anywhere he's been.
He's sacked weeks ago, here, if the players didn't like him - easiest manager in our history for the players to get rid of.

Don’t recall any players questioning ancelotti’s tactics when we had 2 bad spells last season with 1 win in 7 games and another run of 6 games without a win. People forget ancelotti is in the record books for our worst ever home record of all time. We went over 2 1/2 months without a home win in the league.
Because Carlo wasnt bothered, so he made no demands, Rafael is, thats the differance, its what we need and what we have needed for a while, actual managment

Our best away record ever (I think). Highest win percent of any prem manager we've had too. Never threatened with relegation.

Swings and roundabouts

I think Ancelotti has a better people management skills. Richy did say he doesn't want to be defending so much. But Carlo is more flexible and he changed tactics. Every manager has problems with players. I think Carlo definitely have some problems with Josh King and Bernard behind the scenes.

Benitez is like if you work for a nasty boss. He is stubborn and will not accommodate your best quality. With Digne, there was an instruction given and that is it, no discussion. Whether does that work or not, I think only time will tell.

From the Athletic.

"After every Everton game, Lucas Digne receives a report from a France national team analyst breaking down his key numbers".

Benitez asking him not to get forward so much, will dent his stats and therefore not look good to the French national team analysts.
Seems like he's more interested in his stats that will impress the National team with his stats than following the managers instructions.

Digne has been living off of his reputation for a while now. The worst part is that he has the talent, but clearly isn't putting in the level of work needed.

I'm glad someone has called him out. There should be no hiding places for any player at Everton. Regardless of your talent you need to put the work in.

Status
Not open for further replies.