2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's almost from the Pienaar school of winning free-kicks. Can't wait for this lad to grab his first goal, truly think his game will reach another level when it happens.
Remember when he first arrived on the scene he would cut in from the left and bang one far corner, recall him being very close on a few occasions. He’s definitely got them and end product in general in his locker.

….he has more ability than he’s shown, I just think he concentrates too much on doing the hard work and graft. He’s a talented lad, he strikes a ball sweetly (which is why he takes free kicks) and has goals in his locker.

Still waiting to see his curly wurly, I guarantee it’s there.
You're right eggs but I think the backroom staff have been concentrating on his defending which is good, the kids always had attacking flair and I think that will start to show as he progresses.

Absolutely terrific last night - wasn't sure if he had enough to his game to be a Premier League winger but he was immense, bringing the ball down, getting past one of the best defences in the league regularly, drawing fouls, whipping the ball in - terrific.

I think he's got the ability to be a PL level player. For a 20 year old he looks to be more than decent. Always hard to predict how good a young player will become. What he's shown so far suggests he's not a sure fire hit to be a top PL performer in future years. Equally he's shown enough to suggest that with the right development he's easily going to be PL quality in the future.

Like with any young player it's really hard to predict how it goes from here. I wouldn't currently put him in that top tier bracket of young players in the PL who have immense potential (Foden, James, Saka, Greenwood, Elliott). But maybe that tier below with the likes of Lamptey, Jones, Meslier, Aarons, Livramento, Guehi, Gallagher etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.