Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, I think you're fighting a losing battle here. You must accept that it will be the Rangers boi.
Let's see.

It looks all wrong as a Benitez signing fior a FB. Historically he goes for defenders who can defend. I'm hopefull this *interest* is to flush out Arsenal over AMN - as I think it was in the summer.

I completely get what you mean mate, but I guess the strategy is a simple one for me. It worked well under Moyes, and I think it’s the solution for now.

Until we become sustainable, and don’t need to (we should be 7 years into this, not only potentially looking at it too), it’s the most effective way.

You’ve got to think Patterson and Mykolonko coming, will be doing it with one eye at pushing on, if we can match their ambition, they may well stay on, if not we’ll get a hefty fee and be able to kick on.

I hope we’ve learned from the Gana, Stones scenario and the fact we’re looking at players below 27 is a huge positive for me.

A lot of “ifs” on my behalf, but if we do it correctly it’ll be a very successful model.

Under Brands we only bought Allan, Delph, Townsend, James as players hitting 30 (Rondon, Begavic etc are squad fillers and free) unless I miss anyone.

So we've not just bought arle players, we bought players at 25 or less....we've just bought bad.

I think he has 12months left on his deal next summer, not 100% on that. But thinking long term in say 18months. Kenny gone, Coleman 34. Nkounku not good enough. Under 23’s john and Anderson not good enough/gone. Delph, siggurdsson, Allan. Gone. Gomes sold? Gbamin who knows.

Getting in AMN for 15mil? Who can cover midfield and both full back positions, wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Made his England debut in September 2020 of course and will be 25 next August.

Quick, aggressive and very good one on one...If we loaned him in Jan with a £15mil option to buy in summer id be all for it.

Arteta wants to play a certain way while the way were setup would benefit AMN in the sense that he could focus on defending.

Similar profile to Godfrey which I like.

Proper love how much Dave hates this Patterson for seemingly no reason.

Oh I know this answer.

It’s because he plays for Rangers and Dave is a staunch catholic and brings that nonsense religious argument into these fights

Rule of thumb, if @davek doesnt rate a player you can be confident they will be good.

He also hates playing full back and sees himself as a midfielder so next please.
He has just over a year left on his contract and is fuming he's had more pronises for foirst team games broken again since the summer.

Arsenal will sell him in January, to whom thiugh?

Has to be us. And I think the rangers kid is just pressure on Arsenal to sell at a reasonable price or for a loan to buy deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.