2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good managers get the best out of their players. They don't insist on methods which their players cannot implement.

Call me old fashioned but I hate zonal marking. It lends itself to a culture of a lack of responsibility and accountability. Everyone is happy to leave the job to someone else. It goes against what is important in team sport.

We aren't even remotely organised and set up properly for zonal defending anyway. We are just lined up in a row. Who on earth came up with that tosh.

There are pro’s and cons with it, just like man marking. Some managers like zonal, others prefer the man to man approach. Klopp uses zonal. Wenger did too. Benitez always has.

There will be a period of adaptation and part of that will possibly be bringing in players already familiar with the system as it is very common in Football.

I don't think ferguson is the managerial answer but I wouldn't fault him for staying at the club.
He's not hiring himself.
He's had a rocky past and seems to have a settled situation now. I presume he has a family and is at a job he likes so fair play.
I've heard that Ancelotti offered him a coaching role at RM which he turned down. Sometimes, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
I'd be doing the same for myself and my family if I was in his boots.
You may well be right, I suppose it comes down to his own ambitions balanced against his family life (and sanity!). Can’t see him having any chance of the top job here though without proving himself outside elsewhere! One day someone is going to rock up here and want all his own people around him!
Any way back to Benitez!

There are pro’s and cons with it, just like man marking. Some managers like zonal, others prefer the man to man approach. Klopp uses zonal. Wenger did too. Benitez always has.

There will be a period of adaptation and part of that will possibly be bringing in players already familiar with the system as it is very common in Football.
Adaptation? Coleman, Kenny, Keane, Holgate, Mina and Digne all played zonal for a season under Silva, it went terribly.

How does sacking work? Can the club put him on garden leave for the duration of his contract, so if Newcastle want him, they have to buy out his contract?

And does manager’s wages affect FFP?

He watches them every single day in training and clearly doesn't rate them, similar to previous managers.

I’m sorry mate but you can do one with that

I’ve seen Rondon stink out the joint multiple times. We all have

Unless Dobbin and Simms spend training curling out #2’s in the centre circle then there is zero excuse to persist with Rondon at this stage

Zero

Anyone trotting out that utterly stupid argument you’ve just made needs to wake up

We know why he picks Rondon and training has NOTHING to do with it

Rondon is his guy and Dobbin isn’t

Simple as

Stop defending the indefensible

I’m sorry mate but you can do one with that

I’ve seen Rondon stink out the joint multiple times. We all have

Unless Dobbin and Simms spend training curling out #2’s in the centre circle then there is zero excuse to persist with Rondon at this stage

Zero

Anyone trotting out that utterly stupid point you’ve just made needs to wake up

The utterly stupid point being the one that points out that the manager has seen vastly more of both of them than you have ? Just like the previous manager who also ignored them...

Have you considered the possibility that they are both worse than Rondon ? Simms started against Chelsea and barely got a sniff as you'd expect and Dobbin has come on as a sub briefly and also done nothing.

We aren't going to start getting results by playing either of them, pointless thing to focus on imo, especially as DCL is back now.

How does sacking work? Can the club put him on garden leave for the duration of his contract, so if Newcastle want him, they have to buy out his contract?

And does manager’s wages affect FFP?
No idea but id suspect there will be terms stipulating that we can't do something like that.

Id be massively surprised if we didn't have performance based 'break clauses' within the contract, even the most basic contracts have this. That said, this is Everton we are talking about...

The utterly stupid point being the one that points out that the manager has seen vastly more of both of them than you have ? Have you considered the possibility that they are both worse than Rondon ? Simms started against Chelsea and barely got a sniff as you'd expect and Dobbin has come on as a sub briefly and also done nothing.

We aren't going to start getting results by playing either of them.

The little we’ve seen of both has suggested they should get a chance over Rondon, yes

Sorry but at this stage I’m sick of being nice on this issue, especially as Benitez has called out the supporters directly

Status
Not open for further replies.