The Everton Board Thread

He’s a legend like but he’s the biggest boot kicker going now days. So much for the shake up
Exactly this, he was a great centre forward, but, he has become the most appalling yes man, toadying away to keep his cushy number at the club. I hope he proves me wrong, because I admired him so much as a player, but, I just don’t see him holding anybody to account at board meetings.

Next board meeting.

Kenwright: "Welcome Sharpie. Get him a whiskey Denise"
DBB: "That's your breakfast isn't it Sharpie...ha ha ha. Sorry lad, that's our boardroom bantz".
Sharpie: "Nae bother, hen. Just dont ask me for any cash yer chugging bampot, ha ha ha....'Bantz' hen"

Kenwright: "Anyway, what should we do now. The Iranian isn't turning up"
DBB: "Box set of Succession here lad"
Sharpie: "This job is fandabbydozey"

Sharpy, the club ambassador who has literally made a post-playing career of being where the club tell him, and when, and dancing about with his Everton merch on is DEFO gonna be the voice of impartiality on the board.

Also got to laugh at the da’s trotting out the old, familiar numbers “he knows the club” and “he wants what’s best for Everton”.

Radical idea: how about we appoint someone with no prior affiliation with the club? Who hasn’t played football? Who is under 50?!

Joke move from the club. The board have no interest in getting to the root of the problems because they ARE the root of our problems. This nonsense worries me FAR more than any terrible on-pitch performances could ever do.

Next board meeting.

Kenwright: "Welcome Sharpie. Get him a whiskey Denise"
DBB: "That's your breakfast isn't it Sharpie...ha ha ha. Sorry lad, that's our boardroom bantz".
Sharpie: "Nae bother, hen. Just dont ask me for any cash yer chugging bampot, ha ha ha....'Bantz' hen"

Kenwright: "Anyway, what should we do now. The Iranian isn't turning up"
DBB: "Box set of Succession here lad"
Sharpie: "This job is fandabbydozey"
For a minute I was there. Goosebumps.

The most Everton of strategic reviews I am sure he will be followed by unsworth
What is the point of the board anyway they have no power and no sway on moshiri ,and I think moshiri has totally given up the day to day mundane matters of running a football club the funding and big decisions will be down to moshiri.

Graeme Sharp was appointed because Moshiri needed a third person on the board as Denise Barrett-Baxendale wants to leave the club and Moshiri needed somebody who unlike Barrett-Baxendale wouldn't challenge Moshiri over his decision to keep the kopite at the club.

Got to say, a lot of the people who are slagging Sharpy off clearly no nothing about him at all. Yes man my ass, he is one of the few genuine Everton legends that deserves the status and speaks his mind regardless of what others think. So what if he stopped playing football decades ago, most football club boards are predominantly experienced older people. He bleeds blue and is bang up to date with everything Everton and everything football. Get Reidy alongside him too i say and lets start getting proper representation instead of the bunch of unconnected half wits that have dominated the board for so long.

I am absolutely delighted to have Sharpy on the board and its about bloody time.
If he wasn’t a “yes man”, he wouldn’t have been asked to join the board by Kenwright. His “challenges” will amount to nothing more than asking if the digestives are milk or plain chocolate. He showed what side his bread was buttered when he told us all “to be careful what we wished for” when people dared to demand more. And I’m saying this as someone who idolised him as a player. And what kind of company conducts a strategic review and adds someone to the board during it and says it’s not a part of the strategic review. Sadly, as iconic as he is to Everton fans, he’s now just part of a failing, incompetent board.

If he wasn’t a “yes man”, he wouldn’t have been asked to join the board by Kenwright. His “challenges” will amount to nothing more than asking if the digestives are milk or plain chocolate. He showed what side his bread was buttered when he told us all “to be careful what we wished for” when people dared to demand more. And I’m saying this as someone who idolised him as a player. And what kind of company conducts a strategic review and adds someone to the board during it and says it’s not a part of the strategic review. Sadly, as iconic as he is to Everton fans, he’s now just part of a failing, incompetent board.
The lunatics are well and truly running this particular asylum.
I truly despair.