2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I argued with @davek for ages about Martinez

but are people really trying to vault him for calling out Koeman? Really? This bloke destroyed Everton and we’re still dealing with the problems now, he then went and proved himself an utter buffoon at Barcelona. Read some of those posts back, it’s absolutely right, a complete over reliance on Lukaku’s counter attack football. Then when he left it all fell apart and we were in the bottom 3 after 18 months and over 100 mill spent.

Yeah, the player's you mentioned were like, you know, squad player's, a bit like Rondon who is not fit enough to bend down and tie their laces.
Over 30m compared to Rondon for nowt (who is crap I agree).

My point was Bobby wasted money just like all the others.

The only one who hasn't is Benitez but still too early to judge.

I argued with @davek for ages about Martinez

but are people really trying to vault him for calling out Koeman? Really? This bloke destroyed Everton and we’re still dealing with the problems now, he then went and proved himself an utter buffoon at Barcelona. Read some of those posts back, it’s absolutely right, a complete over reliance on Lukaku’s counter attack football. Then when he left it all fell apart and we were in the bottom 3 after 18 months and over 100 mill spent.

I don’t think you understood the vault whatsoever did you.

The manager last season done ok with the same or arguably a weaker squad, and he wasn’t even arsed about Everton.

Give him time to judge? Shall we say he’s not good enough when we’re relegated or deep into the relegation zone?

Did he lose Dlc and rich for most of the season?

Over 30m compared to Rondon for nowt (who is crap I agree).

My point was Bobby wasted money just like all the others.

The only one who hasn't is Benitez but still too early to judge.
I think you can safely remove niasse from Bobby's signings there mate

Some comments in the press this morning from him. He’s bang on the money again, there’s major problems at Everton, he’s trying to fix them, the players he’s brought in are displaying the right attitude to try and fix some problems, he needs time to do it, fans need to stay behind the team.

Pushing for his removal because of a personal dislike of him is just a vote towards further instability and the elongation of the problems that have plagued us for years. It’s a shot in the arm for the wasters in the squad who for the first time in years are starting to worry that the gravy train might be coming to an end and they’ll be heading out.

Some good, pragmatic points mate.

I understood the appointment. I didn't like it, but we had to appoint someone and I preferred him over Howe, Nuno and other names mentioned.

I understand the challenges he has. We have a rotten core of players with terrible attitudes who regularly down tools - Ancelotti/Coleman's words.

I've said a few times;

A full fit team and we're 6th-10th.
A few injuries and we're 10th-16th.

I think if sack Benitez tomorrow, we don't improve as a football club to any worthwhile level this season. We finish midtable with or without him - Sam Allardyce style.

The difficulty I have is Everton's execution of Benitez.

Sure, interim like Chelsea did. Fine.

Giving him the autonomy to rebuild? I don't think that's wise but then I don't think it's wise to allow this Everton board to try and replace him.

What I am very confident of, is Everton's big, fundamental problems are not the fella who has been here 6 months and won more in his career than I can dream of Everton winning in my lifetime, but in the boardroom.

Seeing a few people defending him. We’re being overrun in midfield every single game. I’ve absolutely no idea why he can’t see that. He played 2 in there against both Wolves and Liverpool which is footballing suicide and even after that, continues to play with 2. He isn’t learning. We’ve 1 win in 12 in the league. He’s persisting with Rondon when it’s clear he’s barely a footballer anymore.

He’s not the only problem at the club, everyone knows that, but he’s still a big problem. There’s a real risk he’ll take us down this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.