Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what you are saying but right now we are so thin and so skint we need a few options that wont be looking for top wages and a large thin.

I wish we had more youth coming through, i mean more then we currently have, we did well years ago on this side of thing but i think Unsworth and Ebbrell need to be giving us more

….buying cheap doesn’t have to mean buying dross. It’s a big world out there.

Still the same scenario for me. We can add some experienced cover to the graphic in the likes of Coleman/Kenny, Townsend, Iwobi, Begovic. We are painfully desperate at CM (or CAM if he wants 4-2-3-1), need a huge upgrade in defence, need another striker. Can maybe add Nkounkou as back-up LB next season if he's fancied. Need to see how the two new lads develop but it's not the worst starting XI.

We certainly don't need another winger yet though as much as Johnson looked great yesterday.

View attachment 151207
People keep putting up squad set ups in a 433 but as much as I would like us to play it Benitez seemingly never will.

I don’t hate El Ghazi but winger is the one place we’re fairly well stocked at the moment. Richy and Gray are first choice, with Gordon and Townsend as backups. Dobbin can do a job there and when we feel like we have to resort to Iwobi he tends to come on there, too.

The only way it might make slight sense is if we were planning on changing back to 4-2-3-1, in which case those six players are spread across 3 positions rather than 2. Even then it’s a stretch to say we need someone else.

So how much was Townsend?
He was free ffs
How much was Paterson? £12 mil not £12 mil plus his wages, that’s not how it’s reported

We don’t sing 60 grand plus 80 grand per week seamus Coleman, mate
Rondon was a free signing
Not when his wages could have gone to a player that might actually add something to the team rather than absolutely nothing

Delph, Alcaraz, Besic etc were relatively cheap - it isn't always a good idea - and you use up wages that could be there for better players.

Pay half, buy twice etc.

I have to admit, I haven't really seen Longstaff play - is there any chance he could be better than Delph, Gbamin and Davies ? Even Gomes ?

So it looks like Digne will go to Villa, I just hope we are getting between £25m - £30m for him, there are rumours of them wanting to include Anwar El Ghazi in the deal. I’m not sure he would be any use for us. Possibly a bench player. I think he only has one premier league goal, scored against us of course.

Scored 10 goals last season. Has a high cross rate too, could be useful for DCL

i have complete confidence in the fact that if we signed El Ghazi he would be Iwobi levels of poor
I think he’d be perfectly fine. I just think we have 4 wide players who are better than him.

If they want to involve a player I’d look at midfield. Unfortunately the two I’d be interested in - Ramsey or Douglas Luiz - they wouldn’t want to include and the two they’d be most likely to try to offload - Sanson and Nakamba - have been rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.