2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich and Everton fans battling it out to see who is worse than the other this season.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg
It us for sure

If he isn't concerned about us being tied for 16th place then he's an idiot.

Lose to Norwich and that should set alarm bells ringing. I fancy us to take 3 points from that because they are a disaster but we made hard work of beating a 19th placed Championship team a week ago so who knows?
But he is an idiot haha

As for Norwich yeah that should be a walk over, new players eager to impress, next 5 games is the easiest run we have had all season, no excuses, not even from me

If he isn't concerned about us being tied for 16th place then he's an idiot.

Lose to Norwich and that should set alarm bells ringing. I fancy us to take 3 points from that because they are a disaster but we made hard work of beating a 19th placed Championship team a week ago so who knows?

Is it possible that he doesnt know? He hasnt been to a game in donkey's years. I wonder if he has a call with Benitez on Monday mornings and he gets told "ah the lads were great Mosh, Iwobi came off the bench to get the winner again".

It actually wouldn't suprise me.

Is it possible that he doesnt know? He hasnt been to a game in donkey's years. I wonder if he has a call with Benitez on Monday mornings and he gets told "ah the lads were great Mosh, Iwobi came off the bench to get the winner again".

It actually wouldn't suprise me.
You'd hope someone is filling him in each week on our results if he can't even be arsed to google it himself.

You dont think that's potentially problematic if it happens? The man has accrued 2 wins out of like 12 and he should already be jettisoned but especially if he loses to a truly abysmal squad that has two wins all year. There should be some accountability.
It will be an unwelcome result to say the least, but not fatal for Benitez.

The derby has taught us that.

In any case, let's not get ahead of ourselves shall we?

Come on lads, it's Norwich - they've won 2 of 19 and lost 13 of 19. If ever there was any team we can surely take 3 points of it's these jokers. Bottom of the league. I know we're bad but we're not that bad - they're one of the worst teams the Prem has ever seen. If we don't win here, might as well just fold the club and go play with Bury Phoenix FC in the 17th tier or something.
Bet Norwich are saying the same

Bet Norwich are saying the same
I'm sure Dean Smith is saying to his lads "it's Everton, 1 win in 12, can't defend set pieces, concede first 104% of the time" etc etc but let's be realistic: we're 15th, 8 points above the drop with 1-2 games in hand on some around us and we're pretty much all agreed it's been a total disaster of a season so far - one of the worst for a long, long time.

If Norwich ever got as high as 15th in the Prem they'd etch it into their history books for a hundred years. Every point they pick up in the top flight is a nice, unexpected bonus before their inevitable relegation. I'd fancy me + 10 randoms off this forum to give Norwich a game, never mind a bunch of Prem professionals.

The last Everton manager I remember that actually left someone up front in that situation was Bingham who would sometimes leave 2 up, , his theory was it forced the opposition to leave 3 or 4 back, made the box less congested and offered the possibility of retaining the ball when it was cleared rather than it coming straight back as it does nearly all the time these days!

At grass roots I leave two forwards on half way line.
Removes four of the opposition from box.

Means they have a max of five in or around the box. Hardly ever concede.

It will be an unwelcome result to say the least, but not fatal for Benitez.

The derby has taught us that.

In any case, let's not get ahead of ourselves shall we?
Still banging on about the derby like it was yesterday.

The whole season didn’t depend on that one game you know.

Mind you, for kopites like you it was a rather memorable occasion.

It boggles my mind that you have posters in the Digne thread constantly reminding everyone he is 28, not 29 and not almost 29. And then here, some of the same posters constantly moaning it's 1 win in x games or 2 wins in x games. Just say 5 wins in 18 for goodness sake. Those wins count too. It's not even that much better and won't affect your agendas much but at least it won't be so hypocritical.

It boggles my mind that you have posters in the Digne thread constantly reminding everyone he is 28, not 29 and not almost 29. And then here, some of the same posters constantly moaning it's 1 win in x games or 2 wins in x games. Just say 5 wins in 18 for goodness sake. Those wins count too. It's not even that much better and won't affect your agendas much but at least it won't be so hypocritical.

He is 28. We’ve won 1 game in 12 in the Prem.

That’s not hypocritical, it’s just a fact. Proper weird thing to dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.