2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s get something straight. This wasn’t just a “ discussion “ about tactics. Words were said, from both player and manager, that created a chasm that was uncrossable. Either the player or the manager had to go…and the manager isn’t going anywhere.
Not yet anyway. Maybe in the summer.
This is correct. And it is also what is winds people up, and fairly so when this manager shouldn't be here.

Is it normal for every deal to be announced as undisclosed. I can't remember the last time we provided a figure. Maybe it's the norm for all clubs, but it doesn't seem very transparent.
It's normal mate yeah. it'd be the exception for the rule for any club to confirm the cost. It usually only happens when one of the clubs (at least) is on the stock exchange like United, or Barca, Juve etc

What an awful way to announce his departure - souless.

Here's what creasehead had to say:

"When Lucas became available we jumped at the opportunity to bring him to the club. To sign a player of his pedigree and quality in the January window is a great addition to our squad and his arrival excites me and everyone associated with Aston Villa," Steven Gerrard told AVFC.co.uk.

Nice to go and play somewhere you're wanted and respected I'm sure.

He's right though. Signing quality in Jan, for that price, prem ready, will go straight into the team and improve them.

We'd be purring if we'd done it.

Anyway... Longstaff...

The club absolutely nailed it there...as they did for the departures of James and Bernard.

Three players who all share one thing in common: they achieved nothing at the club for massive wages, tried to cause bad publicity for the club and are no great loss.

Perfect postscript by EFC. Bascially: "Lucas who?"

Status
Not open for further replies.