2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'd rather have Potter any day than what we have now. I'm not his biggest fan but if we'd have got him in the summer then it would have shown a bit of forward planning and think most people would have been happy to commit to the project!

This is my entire issue. Fans can say 'any manager would have to do what Benitez has done' but, ultimately, they wouldn't have done because most managers don't fall out with players (whether that's on Benitez or the player himself) at the rate RB does.

Falling out with players is, I think, exactly what the board were looking for in adding RB. A manager who will rock the boat and oversee a big change at the club. How many years have fans said there are bad eggs in the dressing room? How many different managers have these players folded for? Maybe they reached the conclusion that uniting these players is not possible and they need to sell some of the big personalities undermining managers (assuming Digne is one).

Young players are more receptive to instruction. RB has brought in three young players in Gray, Patterson and Mykolenko who will form the core of a new group in the dressing room. As well as adding experienced players he knows and trusts in Rondon and Townsend.

Wish him well but not really sad to see him go. We got a good deal. I'd expect Coleman, Mina, Richarlison, Allan, Gylfi, Iwobi, Holgate and any other dissenting voices to follow him soon.

A player that nearly every Evertonian had said before all this had been poor for 18 months. The re-writing of history for him is bizarre.

We got one good season out of him.

I'm just relieved we have his better replacement in and we have £25M to strengthen elsewhere.
Do we have 25m to play with? We've just spent 17m + 12m (roughly) on two full backs. Over the summer we spent 2m. Has Moshiri provided more funds this transfer window or is it sell to buy, with us happening to buy before we sold, yet us only shelling out roughly what we have been able to recoup from Digne?

Lukaku was bigger than Everton as a club at that time. We were nowhere near good enough for him and had an abysmal manager in charge who wasted a ton of money (Koeman).

The simple fact is that good players will not join this club and will want to leave this club, while we have this inept manager in charge, and are losing football matches almost every week. We are an irrelevance in football.

And don't even start me on the Lukaku rhetoric. Anyone who actually believed that nonsense about us improving once Lukaku left is completely daft and clueless about football. It was up to us to keep up with Lukaku's ambition and we repeatedly failed. He left and we have then regressed much more at an alarming rate. Digne leaving won't improve us either. The player we have signed as his replacement is unlikely to be as good. And the core issue is the manager we have in charge is completely the wrong choice and will never be the right fit because he is a red through and through.
yeah cos lukaku is bigger than chelsea now it appears - or no.... he's basically a trouble causer with an inflated opinion of himself.

Whilst players think they can run the team the game is a mess.

Do we have 25m to play with? We've just spent 17m + 12m (roughly) on two full backs. Over the summer we spent 2m. Has Moshiri provided more funds this transfer window or is it sell to buy, with us happening to buy before we sold, yet us only shelling out roughly what we have been able to recoup from Digne?
Dont forget we have loand deals we can do. A lot of cash was saved by getting that 'kin idiot James off the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.