2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread will soon pass into oblivion as he's not an Everton player anymore.

But let no one re-write this: Lucas Digne REFUSED to play for Everton when requested - when we were desperate for players on the pitch for Stamford Bridge. Others had to go down there and fight for their lives while that player sat in his living room watching a box set.

He and his agent have engineered moves in the past - at Barcleona and PSG. This was all just par for the course for him.

Utterly delighted he's gone and that we got a good price for him.
is that the game you wanted us to lose, maybe he heard you and decided to help you in your quest!

Maybe it is, they're usually all the same - in their 40s, believe the glory days of the 80s were built on nothing but running around, that football is still like it is in the 80s, and that Everton need 'unity and stability' but trust a man who will never unite the fanbase and thrives on instability to bring it.

My Dad thought he was a good appointment - he's in his mid 50s. Has changed his mind now, but I like to remind him that he always told me I only didn't want him because he was a red lol

My Dad thought he was a good appointment. Has changed his mind now, but I like to remind him that he always told me I only didn't want him because he was a red lol
Same as my dad at first, though he is in his 60s and actually likes watching decent teams play.

He changed his tune after the Brentford game/derby defeat

Everyone slagging off El Ghazi who hasn’t even played a minute yet. You gonna boo when he scores? Idiots. I have come to the conclusion that this place is a toxic mess. Everyone knows what's best for the club etc.. Gonna swerve this place as it's just like twiter full of melts.

We played better last season for that run of games when Godfrey and Holgate were at fullback. Ancelotti had him on the wing.

The guy couldn’t defend. Decent player, yes, but certainly nothing to cry over and he’s not going to make or break the team by leaving.

He’s gone to a bottom half premier league team because they outbid a team at the bottom of the table who were his only other suitor. He’s just not that good, that’s his level. Ok full back who can cross a ball but struggles defensively = bottom half.

Everyone slagging off El Ghazi who hasn’t even played a minute yet. You gonna boo when he scores? Idiots. I have come to the conclusion that this place is a toxic mess. Everyone knows what's best for the club etc.. Gonna swerve this place as it's just like twiter full of melts.
Inabit ye superfan turd.

Bet you get a picture with Rafael outside the ground with your half and half scarf as well.

Wool

Worrying thing is, if he was on about Benitez, would he be saying behind the scenes?
Oh yeah I don't even know if it's on about RB. He said similar when he left in the summer. Who knows. But I can't stand this club atm so I don't care.

Sad he's gone but he's gone now so lets move on

We need defenders who can first and foremost can defend because we are going to be doing quite a lot of defending before this season ends so lets hope his replacement can at least do that.

giphy.gif

But let no one re-write this: Lucas Digne REFUSED to play for Everton when requested - when we were desperate for players on the pitch for Stamford Bridge. Others had to go down there and fight for their lives while that player sat in his living room watching a box set.

He and his agent have engineered moves in the past - at Barcleona and PSG. This was all just par for the course for him.

I mean it's a game of football, this might be a tad dramatic.

We played better last season for that run of games when Godfrey and Holgate were at fullback. Ancelotti had him on the wing.

The guy couldn’t defend. Decent player, yes, but certainly nothing to cry over and he’s not going to make or break the team by leaving.

He’s gone to a bottom half premier league team because they outbid a team at the bottom of the table who were his only other suitor. He’s just not that good, that’s his level. Ok full back who can cross a ball but struggles defensively = bottom half.
Please mate, stop stating this as it's fact.

I can whip out all of the stats to prove you wrong. You use those stats in context with what you see on the pitch and yes, defending is certainly not his strongest suit. But full-backs now, in teams that play modern football and not stuff from 2006, are just as important going forward.

He was isolated 1v1 so many times earlier in the season. That's not how modern teams should defend.

As for your bottom half stuff, well Everton are a place below Villa and they play footy on a different planet to us.

Yup, at the end of the day you’re right. I’ve been questioning players like Digne for a while now, especially their attitude and commitment to Everton FC.

We have replaced him with a younger, more hungry LB who is by the way an established Ukrainian international.

Digne is on the decline, and I don’t believe he did have 100% commitment to this club. Whatever way you look at it, he called of ‘sick’ against Chelsea when we were lacking players and then was seen at the Trafford Centre only hours later looking fine! I don’t want player like that at this club, I want players who will run through brick walls to win, to make this club succeed.

The good thing about this manager being in charge is that these players who don’t have the commitment, the desire to play for this club will be questioned and they will be shown the door, under previous regimes this never would’ve happened.

It’s a good sale imo, we are starting to see the new Everton being built. Patterson, Gray and Mykolenko are great signings, we need to get a few more out the door now (Iwobi, Keane, Slowmes, Tosun etc).

Taken just hours after his ‘illness’ that meant he couldn’t play for the club.

35EFF9D9-96D9-4316-89F6-640D0BB51772.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.