Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If another manager had derby in mid table (which is effectively where they would be without the points deduction) they wouldn’t be considered for the role.

The arl da's and super bloos will be made up its one of the old guard linked to the job.

Imagine chasing out Benitez to then champion this fella ffs ?‍♂️

No ambishun these fans just like the board lad.

The arl da's and super bloos will be made up its one of the old guard linked to the job.

Imagine chasing out Benitez to then champion this fella ffs ?‍♂️

No ambishun these fans just like the board lad.
Imagine backing an actual dinosaur of the game, in which time we had our worst record in modern history, and then have balls to say anything.

If it were to be him, I'd like to see him bring Liam Rosenier with him.
Same, Rooney being a bit dim does make me think we need to make sure he keeps his team with him, but expect Derby would want Rosenior to take over there so this would be my worry.

I don't think he's thick.

Ross Barkley is thick.

Rooney has always seemed bright to me - especially with a football. He's perhaps not hugely articulate, but he's not thick.
Rooney’s football intelligence is on another level to most British players of the last fifty years. I think mix that with his natural aggression does make him have some of the skillset needed to be good manager. What worries me is how many real top quality players end up being great managers…off the top of my head in recent years I can think of zidane…(sure there must be loads that I can’t think of)

Based on the job he has done, I think he has every chance to be a good manager/coach in the future... the effort to get from -21 points to plus 14 is pretty monumental when you consider everything that's happened there.

I do think this job is too soon for him, but I could be so wrong.

Would it be exciting, for me, yes, there's a huge unknown about what his abilities could do and at least we know he would know the score when coming here.

Rooney’s football intelligence is on another level to most British players of the last fifty years. I think mix that with his natural aggression does make him have some of the skillset needed to be good manager. What worries me is how many real top quality players end up being great managers…off the top of my head in recent years I can think of zidane…(sure there must be loads that I can’t think of)
Yes, and I think a lack of communication skill is where great players fail to become great managers... which in turns brings us back round to Rooney's articulation not being brilliant.

But who knows? I'm starting to warm to the idea, in the absence of any other viable solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.