Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney’s football intelligence is on another level to most British players of the last fifty years. I think mix that with his natural aggression does make him have some of the skillset needed to be good manager. What worries me is how many real top quality players end up being great managers…off the top of my head in recent years I can think of zidane…(sure there must be loads that I can’t think of)
Pep was no slouch mate, Anchelotti the same.

Imagine backing an actual dinosaur of the game, in which time we had our worst record in modern history, and then have balls to say anything.

Moyes is a "dinosaur" apparently yet West Ham are 4th. ?‍♂️

Nonsensical label thrown about by soccer am loving beauts who think anyone over 55 cant manage. :coffee:

Rooney’s football intelligence is on another level to most British players of the last fifty years. I think mix that with his natural aggression does make him have some of the skillset needed to be good manager. What worries me is how many real top quality players end up being great managers…off the top of my head in recent years I can think of zidane…(sure there must be loads that I can’t think of)
Mancini, Viera, Inzaghi, Lampard, Rooney.
All current managers I can think of who have played at the top level.

People watching too much Darren Farley.
You cannot get a managerial post in top level football if you are stupid.Its just not possible.
The only reason he gets called stupid is because he has a thick scouse accent yet some of our fans actually believe it, whilst being scouse themselves!

Besides you can be real life stupid but intelligent football wise of course.

If he was to get the job I think he would need someone more experienced alongside him. Like he has now with Steve McLaren (only better preferably).

Guardiola?

The arl da's and super bloos will be made up its one of the old guard linked to the job.

Imagine chasing out Benitez to then champion this fella ffs ?‍♂️

No ambishun these fans just like the board lad.

You said you aren’t arsed if we got relegated because you want a day out at Wembley, and you’re going on at other people for having no ambition??

Almost took derby down last season
Based on the job he has done, I think he has every chance to be a good manager/coach in the future... the effort to get from -21 points to plus 14 is pretty monumental when you consider everything that's happened there.

I do think this job is too soon for him, but I could be so wrong.

Would it be exciting, for me, yes, there's a huge unknown about what his abilities could do and at least we know he would know the score when coming here.
And 90 minutes away last season from taking derby down,a big no from me to big of a risk.

Big concern is it’s less than 6 months since Wayne was last on the covers of the tabloids. We don’t need any more drama. Sounds like he’s one of the lads at Derby which might work in their situation but probably not at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.