Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, sometimes crises do occur though, and you are forced to take decisions you ordinarily wouldnt want to. That's lfe.

Personally I think we are in the middle of a major crisis.

I genuinely dont know how many games you can give Ferguson in this situation.

We’re going to appoint Fabio Cannavaro and he won’t win a game for us in his short time here.

Two strikers is just a no bueno long term solution for me. Particularly when neither of them are a support striker. Can’t blame Dunc for going that route with the hand he has been dealt, but I’m not a fan personally.

If people think a new manager full time before a director of football is hopefully installed, will grant stability that will avoid a real relegation fight in the future, I point to how we got in this position in the first place.
Wherein has it been said we're seeking one out?

Moshiri:

"The strategic football review that is currently ongoing will ensure we have the best model in place moving forward."

That model is to be determined...and after Walsh and Brands I;m betting it wont be continued.

Not sure why we are so hung up on having a DOF anyway?
With only a handful of exceptions working across football, 6 managers in almost as many years, players disjointed by being recruited by each of those 6, I would say there are obvious reasons to have someone that has a longer vision and recruitment strategy being the main decision maker. Almost globally commonplace across world football.

If the suggestion is we can be the exception I would say he have not demonstrated the competence to zag with standard practices. If the argument is Moshiri doesn't listen to DoF that doesn't make it any less necessary.

Cos we sack managers every year so need someone above them to provide a consistent approach to signings etc

Obviously we need someone good with no interference from Moshiri
I get the point and 100% agree Mosh needs to butt out on football matters but our previous forays with DOF have been abject failures so it's not a proven methodology as dar as Everton are concerned.

However if Mosh and BK do keep out of football matters then maybe it should work.

Still not convinced though.

Status
Not open for further replies.