Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best fit for what we need

We need a complete rebuild long term with young players being developed. We have no short cuts here. We need to blood players and make them better.

I can see some sense in that.

The problem is, I think we need someone short term to get us out of this mess. I really worry Lampard will flop.

@davek Martinez has wanted Vermaelen there.

KDB has said recently that Vermaelen was pretty much acting like a coach anyway.

Belgium lost Maloney to the Hibs jobs last month too.

Do you want to be relegated? That performance showed today he not up for it. Why would you want to give it to a man who doesn’t want it and way out his comfort zone
He wants relegated to get a day out at Wembley. Its not a secret.

He speaks repeatedly about out financial state as a reason we should have kept the worst manager we have ever had in charge. Don't take any notice.

Rafael is blameless, wasnt him who injured the players, wasnt him who over the last few years built a shocking squad.
Shame it didnt work out for him, but it wasnt for the lack of trying, something we cant say about his scumbag predecessor.
“Rafael is blameless “.

Sweet mother of Jesus. You’ve just destroyed any credibility any of your posts held with that one sentence.

Rafael Benitez.....what a hill for an Evertonian to fall on. I pray you were massively under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you posted that for your own sanity.

“Rafael is blameless “.

Sweet mother of Jesus. You’ve just destroyed any credibility any of your posts held with that one sentence.

Rafael Benitez.....what a hill for an Evertonian to fall on. I pray you were massively under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you posted that for your own sanity.
Benitez isn’t the hill to die on, but it’s laughable to suggest he is the one who has put us in the current situation. Guy spent about 5 quid. This has been coming ever since moshiri took over. Each season we have gotten worse and worse.

It’s all about immediate priorities. That’s something every Evertonian surely agrees on. We’re in a perilous position and after yesterday’s events the pressure has piled on. Newcastle and Norwich both won, we lost a ‘must win’ game, the new manager bounce wasn’t there, in truth the crowd was flatter than we all anticipated (12.30 KO did us zero favours) and our team has a shocking defence and midfield.

For me, we need decisive action and we need it now. As much as I wouldn’t be averse to Martinez now is not the time. Money to entice a manager clearly can’t be an issue if we can sack and pay off 6 in as many years and we have Usmanov providing the folding stuff then it’s a non-problem. We have a shiny new, state of the art ground on the horizon and a modern training facility. The three things we don’t have is a well managed squad, the option to spend big due to FFP, and time. Action is needed now or we really will be heading south to the Championship.

I’d sideline DBB to charity causes and replace her with a man who I believe has or is getting all the right credentials for such a critical job. Tim Cahill.

I’d go balls-in for either Kovac or Rooney. No hesitating and interviewing Uncle Tom Cobbly and all. Get one of them in and give them authority to do whatever is required to keep us 17th or above. With hell to vanity, it’s not about nice play or popularity at this point it’s about retaining our Premier League status....absolutely nothing else. I’d fund however and whatever was needed to get an experienced centre half and a dominant midfielder as that’s what we most lack, and if it means selling a crown jewel to get on fairly then sadly that’s what it must be. Evertons future status is hanging by a thread - if we go down the future is very, very bleak.

I’d task Cahill with finding and appointing a DoF and overseeing a new era at Everton in terms of implementing a style of play throughout the Club.

In a very ideal world I think the manager we need for the long term with a restyling project is Roberto Mancini...seen it, done it and got the trophies, but that is down the line.

Action, rather than contemplation gets us out of this sorry mess. The Newcastle and Leeds games are massive and we need to be wholly prepared and in unison as a Club from top to bottom, inside out to be ready for them and to take nothing less than 6 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.