2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeding off scraps.

That ball from Gordon was great, but according to Opta, it was an xG of 0.45. So a 45% chance of any player scoring from that.

In the grand scheme of the game, it was the second-best chance (Watkins had the best one) but in the grand scheme of it being a 'sitter' etc, it was actually a hard opportunity. He should have done better, obviously, but we need to be getting into the box and cutting it back for Dom, not just whipping it in from deep and hoping he can keep stuff down.

It was a great chance and he made a hash of it. He has limitations and those sort of finishes on the ground are his weakness. He needs to be much better than he was yesterday because he was far from good.

It was a great chance and he made a hash of it. He has limitations and those sort of finishes on the ground are his weakness. He needs to be much better than he was yesterday because he was far from good.
I always think he hangs back from committing fully to those crosses...could get hurt you see and his next medelling contract might be in jeopardy.

I agree, but he's been out for 4 months. And look at this...

He's back to getting one chance per game, so he's snatching at them. Last season, for the most of it, he was getting 2-3 chances per game and putting at least one away (which is what most strikers do btw)

I agree, but he's been out for 4 months. And look at this...

He's back to getting one chance per game, so he's snatching at them. Last season, for the most of it, he was getting 2-3 chances per game and putting at least one away (which is what most strikers do btw)

The stats are definitely bad because we didn't play well.

But the eye test told me that he was really poor yesterday. I don't rate Mings at all, but he had such an easy game against Dom. We need to see far more energy and physicality when we are in this rut.

The stats are definitely bad because we didn't play well.

But the eye test told me that he was really poor yesterday. I don't rate Mings at all, but he had such an easy game against Dom. We need to see far more energy and physicality when we are in this rut.
We've played similar all season, we do not create good chances. We are 18th in the league for big chances. Last season we were 8th-9th IIRC.

Yeah Dom wasn't great, but I don't know why anyone thinks lumping it long to him is the answer. That has never been the way to get the best out of him up against two massive CBs.

Why are we having a go at our strikers when our two man midfield is the problem?

We had enough chances Mina should have scored over the easiest chance ....in fact hehadtwo clear headers failing to hit the target ...

Status
Not open for further replies.