Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He aint going to cause any protests if appointed or graffiti

So at least he won't make some of our fanbase look even more kopiteish than the Portuguese fella we interviewd has done or the Spanish blert we just sacked Did before him

While I don't disagree about recruitment...

Delph coming from that City team for £8m was not, at the time, a bad deal. Gbamin impressed in Germany and has suffered particularly badly through injury.

And the window we signed Iwobi, were interested/linked with lots of other players -Zaha strongly from memory. Iwobi seemed to be very much a last minute buy and a very expensive one at that.

I also cannot recall Silva saying we tracked Iwobi all window. Got a link?
Gomes also impressed on loan with us. We bought him, he broke his leg and has never looked the same. At the time, (while some queried the Delph deal) they were deemed decent deals.

Lamps

Attachments

• 0ADD0368-4EC6-4EA4-ACF4-11EC20DF7960.jpeg
    0ADD0368-4EC6-4EA4-ACF4-11EC20DF7960.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 119
I'm not sure about Lampard. I think he's done OK with some favourable situations.

Chelsea had a CL winning squad at his disposal and managed a 4th place league finish, an FA Cup final defeat and a 52% win record over 80 odd games. Also got absolutely whacked in CL KO by Bayern.

At Derby he scraped into the playoffs despite having 3 of the best young players in the league at his disposal (Mount, Tomori and Wilson). Admittedly there were some decent teams, managers and players in the Championship in 2018/19 (namely Leeds, Villa, Norwich, a surging Sheff United) but his win record was again 40-50%.

At Everton he's in a situation where he hasn't got one of the best squads in the league. It's a new challenge for him. Maybe one he'll excel at. Maybe he's learnt a lot from time at Derby and Chelsea. But at the moment there's nothing in his managerial CV to suggest he's more than an average manager. Big risk (with potential big upside if he's learnt from previous job) appointing Lampard in the current situation.
This one hundred times over

Lampard doesnae any more pedigree than this Pereira fella, yet people are falling over him... I'm not sure I get it tbf

Tbh I see Lampard relegating us as much as I see Fabio effing Cannavaro relegating us

Surely lampards an easy sell to the younger element in the squad won it all and a real Premier league legend in his position

If they can't buy into him or take what he has to say on board on the training field then christ this game is really done for

He may not have the experience but he surely offers more than a couple of 64 year old in getting your multi millionairs motivated given he is one himself but has the age and a recent playing career

This one hundred times over

Lampard doesnae any more pedigree than this Pereira fella, yet people are falling over him... I'm not sure I get it tbf

Tbh I see Lampard relegating us as much as I see Fabio effing Cannavaro relegating us
It's not that people are falling over him. It's more that it appears to be a 50/50 shootout between him and VP. And Lampard is likely a safer bet.

He is far from the number one choice for the majority. But when it's just him and VP then he likely is.

Status
Not open for further replies.