Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,257 92.3%

• Total voters
I mean they are managing to do the stadium pretty well but it needs to get built.

You can't pause a £500m project like that mate. You're an accountant, you know that1
I know but I would rather stay at Goodison. It obviously is going to carry on unless we get relegated but I see it as one of the main reasons we are so crap.

The minute you start prioritising something other than winning football matches, you may as well give up. We've lost the run of ourselves.

I know but I would rather stay at Goodison. It obviously is going to carry on unless we get relegated but I see it as one of the main reasons we are so crap.

The minute you start prioritising something other than winning football matches, you may as well give up. We've lost the run of ourselves.
It has nothing to do with why we're crap mate and we can't stay at Goodison and ever wish to grow in the modern game. You know that.

The reason we're crap is because we've spent the money dreadfully. The stadium is having no impact on our P&S restrictions. That's all to do with the wage bills, fees, etc.

No one is suggesting Bill Kenwright hasn’t done significant damage to the club. But he is nothing more than another employee of Moshiri now. The fact he’s still here and being allowed an influence is on Moshiri.

Of course it is and he deserves criticism for that.

But blaming him for underperforming managers, players, bad recruitment by DOF's with previously decent reputations etc. is quite simply wrong and those factors are largely why we are were we are.

We had a more dysfunctional board before Moshiri (Kenwright, Woods, Planey Hollywood Earle and Lord Granchester who wouldn't invest whilst Kenwright was at the club) yet we finished 4th and regularly finished top 6/7 because the manager and recruitment team did their jobs.

If we had a manager and DOF actually do their jobs well enough no one would be talking about Moshiri.

You dont win 3 points in the boardroom you win it on the pitch.

It has nothing to do with why we're crap mate and we can't stay at Goodison and ever wish to grow in the modern game. You know that.

The reason we're crap is because we've spent the money dreadfully. The stadium is having no impact on our P&S restrictions. That's all to do with the wage bills, fees, etc.
I do believe the stadium is part of the issue. It has been the biggest priority.

But blaming him for underperforming managers, players, bad recruitment by DOF's with previously decent reputations etc. is quite simply wrong and those factors are largely why we are were we are.

We had a more dysfunctional board before Moshiri (Kenwright, Woods, Planey Hollywood Earle and Lord Granchester who wouldn't invest whilst Kenwright was at the club) yet we finished 4th and regularly finished top 6/7 because the manager and recruitment team did their jobs.

If we had a manager and DOF actually do their jobs well enough no one would be talking about Moshiri.

Mate... You know I have my issues with Brands, but you do know that Moshiri and Kia have basically been running the ship too?

I do believe the stadium is part of the issue. It has been the biggest priority.
It has to be a priority. But how you do it is separate the issues completely. Appoint football people to run the football side and stadium people to run the stadium side.

They've appointed the stadium people.

they've got the footy side badly wrong and meddled with it

Why does he keep appointing idiot managers then? Why did he appoint Benitez against the wishes of everyone including the DOF and 99% of the fanbase? Can we blame him for that? Can we blame him for Joorabchian’s association with the club, a known parasite with a track record of killing football clubs? The answer is yes, we can.

Is Marcel Brands really the hill you want to die on Mikey? :oops:

Who forced him to sign Kean, Gomes, Gbamin, Delph, Sidibe, Benard, Lossl, Olsen, King ?
Thing is about Brands is that he was a highly successful DoF already with a proven track record.
Yet he arrives at Clown F.C. and is suddenly less effective.
It’s not just supporters who have noted Moshiri’s interference with transfer policy and close friendship with and reliance on Joorabchian, but journalists as well.
Allowing a failing Benitez to assume all power ,essentially the tail wagging the dog, just weeks before dismissing him is prime mad owner stuff that we have mocked elsewhere in the past.
Is Moshiri really the hill you want to die on?