2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry more about Utd refusing to sell him to us than VDB not wanting to stay.

Utd/Arsenal have acted shamefully towards us for numerous squad players they dont play like Romero & Maitland Niles.

Only way we'll get him is by paying over the odds if VDB tells them he wants to stay and even then they'll likely let him rot on their bench than sell him to us.

Why I would flat oot refuse to do any business with them or Arsenal in the future in terms of our better players.

You want DCL teta? GTF lad
You want Gordon Utd? GTF
Yeah they play hard ball! They’d rather lose money on Lingard than get £15mill and get him off wage bill,

If he continues to play well, we will not be the only club pursuing him. Man United will have a new manager too who will want to look at all players and they are losing Pogba, Lingard, Mata and maybe Matic from midfield.

Donny has talked in the past about ambition when he was not playing games at Man United. He is good enough to compete in the Champions League.

I will be happy but surprised if he is at Everton next season.

I expect the Utd fans will be calling for people's heads again by the seasons end and maybe - maybe we can pick him up in the chaos.

Total tangent - but I just realised the World Cup is in the middle of next season.

If he continues to play well, we will not be the only club pursuing him. Man United will have a new manager too who will want to look at all players and they are losing Pogba, Lingard, Mata and maybe Matic from midfield.

Donny has talked in the past about ambition when he was not playing games at Man United. He is good enough to compete in the Champions League.

I will be happy but surprised if he is at Everton next season.
Same, sadly.

For me, it was (I think) towards the end of the match when he had received the ball under pressure from 2 or 3 and made a blind (from what I could tell) pass, which had to based on awareness, back up the line to keep our pressure on. I wish full matches were on YouTube, so I could link it and prove to myself I didn't see things incorrectly.

It's on Peacock for rewatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.