2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question - is Donny the next Kevin De Bruyne?
Serious answer: no.

similar style of game imo... also KDB couldn't get a game at Chelsea (and he was good enough for Chelsea), then goes and performs at Wolfsburg/City
We'll see how things go but KDB is one of the most impactful passing players ever, maybe the most since Xavi and Iniesta at their peak (among midfielders, Messi until this year was Messi), and VDB to this point is not that. Even including his time at Ajax he wasn't running a game or doing a lot of the work getting the ball up the field. That was more De Jong. I'd say we should take baby steps here.

Pity we didn't manage to get a purchase clause into the deal, if he does really well for us United will want 50 million + for him.

We paid $50m for Sigurddson. if he plays this way - we've found a solid midfielder and you could onsell him for that later.

Serious answer: no.

We'll see how things go but KDB is one of the most impactful passing players ever, maybe the most since Xavi and Iniesta at their peak (among midfielders, Messi until this year was Messi), and VDB to this point is not that. Even including his time at Ajax he wasn't running a game or doing a lot of the work getting the ball up the field. That was more De Jong. I'd say we should take baby steps here.

;)

Cool. well i liked what i saw on the weekend, and loved how he got the ball out of trouble so many times. And he is so much more mobile than Gomes.

I was kinda shocked when Chelsea sold KDB - they had an excellent player on their hands and Mourinho just didn't like him, probably still doesn't.

Pity we didn't manage to get a purchase clause into the deal, if he does really well for us United will want 50 million + for him.

We paid $50m for Sigurddson. if he plays this way - we've found a solid midfielder and you could onsell him for that later.
Swap deal for Siggurdson? No? Why are you looking at me like that.

I know it's only the one game, but that was some commanding display.
Our experience with Klaassen blinded me to the fact that there can be some Dutch players can step up to the PL. I was quite disparaging in my comments towards him especially considering he wasn't getting game time in an average Utd team.
So I'm enjoying him while we can. If he performs for us and make him feel wanted here there is an outside chance he'd want to stay. But then the Mancs would want a kings ransom for him.

Our experience with Klaassen blinded me to the fact that there can be some Dutch players can step up to the PL. I was quite disparaging in my comments towards him especially considering he wasn't getting game time in an average Utd team.
So I'm enjoying him while we can. If he performs for us and make him feel wanted here there is an outside chance he'd want to stay. But then the Mancs would want a kings ransom for him.
Think much will come down to who the new manager is over there, players seem to want Poch (really not sure he is the right choice imo) and the board seem to be leaning towards Ten Haag.

Davy Klaasen came from the Dutch league straight into an Everton squad that had been almost completely rebuilt during the summer. He really had no chance, even if he was good enough.

Van De Beek has had a season and a half to settle in and learn what the Premiership is all about. I would guess that he didn't even have to move house when moving to Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.