2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really impressed with the new manager so far. Team look like they care now and it only took a week. Be boss when we can get rid of some of the waste if spaces we have in the summer and bring in more players like van de beek. Everton finally made the right choice in a manager and it only took 6 attempts.

Very good start from FL! Long way to go but he deserves plaudits for getting wins when it was hard to see where the next ones were coming from and energising the players to actually play much better than we have seen for ages.

On the 85-86 season lots of factors have been quoted which played a part. Certainly the RS put together a brilliant run after we beat them and I felt personally when we failed to beat Forest third to last game we had probably blown it because we didn’t play well that day when it really mattered and put ourselves under pressure to win at Oxford away which was always going to be tricky.

FWIW I had the pleasure to chat to Colin Harvey at a pre-season tournament that summer. I mentioned injuries and the Forest game and he said that in his opinion we had lost it away at Luton when we had been 1-0 up but lost. His attitude was once you are 1-0 you have done the hardest thing. Seeing it out is about everyone doing their jobs.
Quite eye-opening actually how a professional viewed it. I had been at that game and while being frustrated had just felt a bit hard done by and willing to make excuses. Luton away was a very tricky fixture around that time because of the pitch and they were a strong team that could play, especially at home. But for Harvey it was absolutely the perfect example of having thrown away those points, late on, from a winning position.

Really impressed with the new manager so far. Team look like they care now and it only took a week. Be boss when we can get rid of some of the waste if spaces we have in the summer and bring in more players like van de beek. Everton finally made the right choice in a manager and it only took 6 attempts.
Some of the waste of space were our best performers last Saturday.

Apologies if this has been shared, but isn't Keane's motd interview interesting? Stating that training and approach os more intense, pressing focused and that the squad have berm given license to be bold in possession.

Take it on face value and it suggests inadequacy on the part of Ancelotti and Benitez's regimes. There were a number of us who were positive about Benitez seemingly upping the intensity of training, but based on this that wasn't enough. Which also points the finger at Ancelotti too.

Let's hope this more intense possession based approach continues to pay dividend.
Watching us these last few years we’ve looked as if we’re running in treacle, one of the slowest, unfittest squads in the PL. Last Saturday however, looked a very different story. A few rockets have been fired up a few underperforming arses already.

I like what Lampard has said so far and we’ve had a couple of good results. Before we get too carried away though it’s worth remembering that Benitez record in his first 5 games was - won 4, drew 1. Look how that turned out, both the players and coaching staff have to show some consistency for the rest of the season before we can have any confidence that this appointment might be the one that finally works for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.