2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling there’s a bit of confidence boosting going on there. He’s made a few references to Iwobi needing belief and having all the ability.

If that is the case then I’m all for it.
Hopefully, it's a reset for a few players. He said he witnessed Iwobi working hard in training and he deserved his chance, which is really all we can ask for.

Vision, values and ethos come from the top and, while it's only early, there appears to be evidence of those coming from Lampard and his coaching staff.

There is quality in this squad; the issue is that we've not seen enough of it because they've not played as a team.

My son only remembers Ancelotti and Benitez as managers, so yesterday when he saw Lampard celebrating along the touchline he came out with:

"Daddy, why is Frank celebrating? He's our manager, not a fan." From the mouth of babes and all that as he'd never witnessed a manager show passion.

He also said that we should never have let Benitez be our manager. He's five.

Your son is more qualified to run this club than Moshiri mate lol

Apologies if this has been shared, but isn't Keane's motd interview interesting? Stating that training and approach os more intense, pressing focused and that the squad have berm given license to be bold in possession.

Take it on face value and it suggests inadequacy on the part of Ancelotti and Benitez's regimes. There were a number of us who were positive about Benitez seemingly upping the intensity of training, but based on this that wasn't enough. Which also points the finger at Ancelotti too.

Let's hope this more intense possession based approach continues to pay dividend.

Apologies if this has been shared, but isn't Keane's motd interview interesting? Stating that training and approach os more intense, pressing focused and that the squad have berm given license to be bold in possession.

Take it on face value and it suggests inadequacy on the part of Ancelotti and Benitez's regimes. There were a number of us who were positive about Benitez seemingly upping the intensity of training, but based on this that wasn't enough. Which also points the finger at Ancelotti too.

Let's hope this more intense possession based approach continues to pay dividend.
IIRC some players were talking up Benitez's attention to detail when he first arrived.

Forget whatever those shirkers and bottlers say, it's utter BS.

Lampard knows what it takes to be a winner, he had a career where for 10 years he was playing Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday week after week, month after month. I'd seriously hope our player would bounce off someone with that experience so when he's telling them they need to push harder, they do.

Plus he comes across as a very calm, settled person. Didn't fly off the handle after Newcastle as itnwould have been easy to chuck them all under a bus after that performance.

Lampard knows what it takes to be a winner, he had a career where for 10 years he was playing Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday week after week, month after month. I'd seriously hope our player would bounce off someone with that experience so when he's telling them they need to push harder, they do.

Plus he comes across as a very calm, settled person. Didn't fly off the handle after Newcastle as itnwould have been easy to chuck them all under a bus after that performance.
So would I. My comment was a tad tongue in cheek. I actually kinda agree with @davek here - the players always talk up the new manager. Why wouldn't you? Either because they are so fickle they're impressed at the minute (or still motivated), are happy to deflect and pass the blame for their own failings, or are just an arse kisser. Or maybe it's a genuine insight into what was going wrong. Probably elements of all of the above.

I think only time will tell, I'm still very wary about a lot of this squad.

I hope I'm not carried away but there seems significant changes afoot under Frank. Feel good factor is back.
He's basically decided that we will attack when we can - which is often enough against the poorest sides in this league. And we've played three of them in his first week. That'll be enough, you would think, to get us safe. And that's all that matters for now. Summer will tell a tale.

I'm not getting to carried away but what I've seen is good so far.

He didn't really set the bar high at Chelsea or Derby so let's hope he learnt from this
I have no doubt he is a good manager.

What will be tested is how he reacts to an extended poor run on his watch (the situation ran away from him at Chelsea), and whether he can hand us a team that consistently performs (although in that latter case he'll need at least another two windows binning the deadwood and buying in decent players).

He is undoubtedly the best of what we could have got this January though.

I have no doubt he is a good manager.

What will be tested is how he reacts to an extended poor run on his watch (the situation ran away from him at Chelsea), and whether he can hand us a team that consistently performs (although in that latter case he'll need at least another two windows binning the deadwood and buying in decent players).

He is undoubtedly the best of what we could have got this January though.
At Chelsea he was managing a squad with big egos, our squad have been so rubbish for so long they need building up an ego, not piping down. I agree, Frank was the best we could have hoped to get, fingers crossed he can turn this around

Status
Not open for further replies.