2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
…nice that his missus was at Goodison for the Leeds game. I understand they have a couple of kids but I’m not sure if they are at an age where they are settled in schools. I think his wife‘s work is London based so i dare say there’s lots to sort out before the big decisions are made.
Her who must be obeyed tells me there are four children, two older teenage children from FL’s first marriage who are now CL’s step children, as a couple they also have two younger kids under the age of five! As you say decisions to be made, as CL’s work is London based!

I like Frank as much as anyone thus far, but are people not getting a bit carried away here? Its been 2 games.

True mate.

He's not the best manager in the world just yet, but he is the best manager in Europe and by a MILE!!!

tbf mate, it's been that long since we've actually seen a decent performance plus 2 wins in a week (pretend Newcastle didn't win) I'm not surprised with all the positivity.

True mate.

He's not the best manager in the world just yet, but he is the best manager in Europe and by a MILE!!!

tbf mate, it's been that long since we've actually seen a decent performance plus 2 wins in a week (pretend Newcastle didn't win) I'm not surprised with all the positivity.
Been following this Club for far too long to get carried away. However that video posted earlier had me and Mrs BR in tears. Probably more because of Seamus but we loved Frank's reaction and passion.

Lineker didn't cost us the title, The Derby game we lost early in the season when we were still trying to fit a team around him and the resultant average form did.

We get a draw even and we get 1 more point - they lose 2.
Adjust the table below for EFC + 1point; rs - 2 pts.
1Liverpool (C)42261068937+5288
2Everton[a]4226888741+4686

The biggest reason we lost the double, not just the title that season was the injury to Neville Southall.

Mobby Bimms just wasn't at his level despite playing as well as he could.

The biggest reason we lost the double, not just the title that season was the injury to Neville Southall.

We actually didn't concede many goals at all with Mimms. I don't think he was a factor, but losing the best goalkeeper in the world can only diminish you.

We lost the league in four days when we only drew at Nottingham Forest on the Saturday - not a bad result per se, but a poor one when we needed to win - and followed up by losing at Oxford. So we took one point when looking for six. Had we taken three we would have been champions. So, we blew it by being unable to win one of two games. Small margins.

We actually didn't concede many goals at all with Mimms. I don't think he was a factor, but losing the best goalkeeper in the world can only diminish you.

We lost the league in four days when we only drew at Nottingham Forest on the Saturday - not a bad result per se, but a poor one when we needed to win - and followed up by losing at Oxford. So we took one point when looking for six. Had we taken three we would have been champions. So, we blew it by being unable to win one of two games. Small margins.

Yeah. I was at both games.

Lineker missed a sitter at Forest which is perhaps why @Joey66 blames him.

3 down at half time in the derby got it back to 3-2. I think it was Heath who had a shot cleared off the line late on that would have given us a draw and ultimately the title. Fine margins.

In fairness, though, we had a chance to rectify things, to some extent, in the cup final and blew that as well. Once is unfortunate, but to blow both competitions is a little careless.

Yeah. I was at both games.

Lineker missed a sitter at Forest which is perhaps why @Joey66 blames him.
Still seems a tad harsh to blame the striker who scored 40 goals in 57 appearances and who was the top league scorer with 30 goals but will admit to some bias ;)

Anyhow Lampard - scored some good goals in his time, unfortunately some of them against us.

Still seems a tad harsh to blame the striker who scored 40 goals in 57 appearances and who was the top league scorer with 30 goals but will admit to some bias ;)

Anyhow Lampard - scored some good goals in his time, unfortunately some of them against us.

All sorts of stuff happens in games so no blame from me for GL's miss. We tend to forget that Liverpool were on a magnificent run.

Status
Not open for further replies.