Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we went down our chances of doing a Sunderland /Leeds would be far greater than bouncing back in one season then subsequently finishing in Europe/top 6 (where the fans expect us to be).

If you think going down will be the kick up the ass the club needs you're seriously mistaken.

I am afraid we're in JFK territory now. We have to ask what we can do for the club rather than what they can do for us.

And then get shot in the head when we think we're OK.

Seriously though, we have to back the players and the manager. Goodison has to be a bear pit in our favour from here on in. I hope Lampard and Clement have a couple of degrees each worth of knowledge in sports psychology - we cannot afford to not bounce back straight away after we get a pasting.

We are goin to need to pick up points on the road . A win and a couple of draws will be needed. We can't be making every home game a must win. I think we will be ok. But it needs a big improvement
We simply have to win 3 of those home games and try and scrape a few draws away, 35 pts might be enough

No, there isn't such a scenario where it's a good thing.
Well I don’t want to be, and we won’t be .. but maybe there would be a silver lining?

At the moment? Grim and relentless. No chance of Europe, win 1 in three, the atmosphere is toxic much of the time, and who has any fun? Who has really had any fun for quite a while?

Relegation of course brings a downside. But suddenly it would mean being the best side in the league, winning nearly all matches, being at the top of the table, a feel good factor. And dare I say, winning something.

On promotion everyone would feel good about the club again.

That’s your view, I think that is on or around relegation and I wouldn’t bank on it.
As ridiculous as it may sound I also reckon 34 points will suffice. There's fifteen games in which to get those twelve points.
Then I'm remembering that we only won one game in fourteen games ffs.
It's going to the wire this. All these games plus potentially another two cup weekends and we'll be running on fumes last few games.

Well I don’t want to be, and we won’t be .. but maybe there would be a silver lining?

At the moment? Grim and relentless. No chance of Europe, win 1 in three, the atmosphere is toxic much of the time, and who has any fun? Who has really had any fun for quite a while?

Relegation of course brings a downside. But suddenly it would mean being the best side in the league, winning nearly all matches, being at the top of the table, a feel good factor. And dare I say, winning something.

Us, the best team in that league?
We go down, we stay down for a good while.

Problem we have is that Leeds, Watford, Newcastle, Norwich, Burnley aren't scared of going down. They have a squad of players used to fighting to stay in the premiership or get into it. Just ends up being the quality that doesn't get them over the line.

We have the complete opposite. Squad full of players who have never fought for anything in football or been relied upon. However, we do have quality to get over the line.

The two need to go hand in hand though.

Watford, Norwich & Burnley along with Brentford will stop us from going down.
All 4 of them (maybe not Burnley) aren't capable of getting 9 points in 3/4 games fairly quickly
4 wins will do it, and im guessing they will all be at Goodison Park

Watford, Norwich & Burnley along with Brentford will stop us from going down.
All 4 of them (maybe not Burnley) aren't capable of getting 9 points in 3/4 games fairly quickly
4 wins will do it, and im guessing they will all be at Goodison Park

this, the only reason i don't think we will go down is purely because we are lucky enough to have teams below us who are even worse.

With the players we currently have we will finish mid-table in the Championship.

A massive overhaul is needed if we want to be the best Championship side and win promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.