Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of any sanctions the fact that Usmanov is a powerful ally of Putin is at the very least distasteful and uncomfortable for us during the current situation.
We should ideally terminate any dealings or agreements with any of the companies or business interests associated with the Russian Government.
Not to do so would be shameful.

I think it’s perfectly acceptable to call into question our acceptance of Usmanov and his lackey accountant in the club right now
Agreed, I think if we were quick to criticise the NUFC takeover, we would be hypocritical to turn a blind eye to this.

Think in terms of what is happening to the people of Ukraine the club is not that important. It will survive. Many will not in the war those people will suffer.
Undoubtedly and I know where my sympathies lie. I'm just talking about it in relation to Everton because it's the Everton forum. Getting a bit Current Affairs in here with some of the posts.

UK RAISES ALERT LEVEL

The English ?????????are feeling the pinch in relation to recent Russian ?? threats and have therefore raised their security level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.”
Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”
The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.
The Russians ?? have been re-categorised from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.”
The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish ?? Armada.

The Scots ??????? have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s Get the Bastards.”
They don’t have any other levels.
This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army ? for the last 300 years.

The French ?? government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from “Run” to “Hide.”
The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.”
The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France’s white flag ?️ factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability. They have also started wearing their reversible coats ?.

Italy ?? has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.”
Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans ?? have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians ?? on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual;
the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish ?? are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy.
These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia ?? meanwhile, has raised its security level from “No worries” to “She’ll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we’ll need to cancel ? the barbie ? this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

John Cleese – British writer, actor and tall person

I am not advocating military action, I am explaining the calculation Putin has made when invading Ukraine.

Europe is largely divided and the US is weak.
Biden , however, may see this as a way of showing to the American people that he can be a strong leader to boost his falling popularity figures.

Putin in his latest broadcast has said if any one intervenes they will face consequences they have never imagined.

Quite simply he is threatening strikes in Europe and elsewhere presumably with missiles.

It shows how far he is prepared to go, all out war.

You leave Usmanov alone you monster - last time I checked he wasn't involved in Russian Govt decision making.

You blame Every German for what the Nazis did?

Or is every British doctor a murderer because of Harold Shipman?

"Usmanov has repeatedly fronted for Putin and solved his business problems, according to the expert. In one instance, in 2006, Putin’s telecommunications minister, Leonid Reiman, was revealed as the owner of a stake in Megafon, a company his ministry oversaw. Soon after, Usmanov bought Reiman’s stake.

"Usmanov’s ties with Putin go beyond business. He’s married to Irina Viner, a legendary rhythmic gymnastics coach who helped Alina Kabaeva, widely believed to be Putin’s mistress, win the gold medal at the 2004 Olympics."

You're full of absolute pish mate

"Usmanov has repeatedly fronted for Putin and solved his business problems, according to the expert. In one instance, in 2006, Putin’s telecommunications minister, Leonid Reiman, was revealed as the owner of a stake in Megafon, a company his ministry oversaw. Soon after, Usmanov bought Reiman’s stake.

"Usmanov’s ties with Putin go beyond business. He’s married to Irina Viner, a legendary rhythmic gymnastics coach who helped Alina Kabaeva, widely believed to be Putin’s mistress, win the gold medal at the 2004 Olympics."

You're full of absolute pish mate

None of that has any links whatsoever in what Putin/the Kremlin are upto in Ukraine mate.

I highly doubt Usmanov has any interest in whats happening there when financially he may take a hit off it in terms of worldwide sanctions.

Putin in his latest broadcast has said if any one intervenes they will face consequences they have never imagined.

Quite simply he is threatening strikes in Europe and elsewhere presumably with missiles.

It shows how far he is prepared to go, all out war.
Reluctant as I am to further encourage the drift of this thread toward pure discussion of geopolitical issues, in the interests of pedantry I feel obliged to point out that Putin's statement simply shows how far he's prepared to talk and threaten, rather than actually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.