Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on mate, theres no need to personalise something like that.

I am utterly opposed to the process that saw the transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich after the Soviet Union broke up. It was the biggest collapse in capitalism history, and a disaster. Look at the mess of Eastern Europe now. Completely stupid idea, based on the vanity and stupidity of Milton Freidman economics.

It's wrong to call this stealing though, or in the case of Moshiri specifically so. I don't know of any case hes ever been charged with, less convicted of. I am always in favour of an honest assessment if a situation. It is not honest to intimate he, or even Usmanov stole directly from people.

The reality is, this transition from poor to rich is the basis of capitalism mate. You wont find a rich person who's done it ethically. Christ, how do Americans or Brits think they built wealth up? It was in most cases from the slave labour built up over hundreds of years.

So if we are going to have this discussion, it needs to be nuanced. I appreciate that people sometimes want easy, binary conclusions. Things are more complex.

I appreciate your take on this. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but let's not stop to making accusations of who is or isnt in favour of things theyve clearly not said they are. ?
Moshiri made his money from Usmanov a Russian Oligarch. That is game set and match.

No but his net worth represents the sum total of his assets and regardless of its liquidity I'm sure many banks would accept it as backing for a loan.

Or do you believe he can only secure a loan if he proves he has the full amount in cash?

Another swing and a miss in your attempts to claim that the stadium won't go through.

Or that an accountant, wouldnt know where to place assets in such situations.

I have been stating this for years too.
1) Usmanov would never go public with Everton even if he were involved.
2) Moshiri will have already priced in this scenario, and will have allocated resources accordingly.

Or that an accountant, wouldnt know where to place assets in such situations.

I have been stating this for years too.
1) Usmanov would never go public with Everton even if he were involved.
2) Moshiri will have already priced in this scenario, and will have allocated resources accordingly.
Don't pretend Moshiri is some financial genius. We only have to look at how he has run our club into the ground to see that is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.