Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's quite a bit of money and Usmanov is certainly involved within the club and so would have to cease any of that activity and ergo cash flow.

I'm not overly worried by it, there's much more serious things to worry about, just pointing it out. Will be interesting to see what plays out.
A large amount of money but still nothing that directly means the stadium won't go through like the doom mongers want us to believe.

If losing a sponsorship deal as a result of sanctions contributes to saving Ukrainian lives and ending the war then I won't shed a single tear for the lost money.

That has nothing to do with Everton FC.

Both sides are almost as bad as each other: expansionists on the Russian side; nazis on the Ukrainian side.

I wont be manipulated by the warmongers and paedophiles of the BBC.

I'm looking at this from the perspective of an Everton stadium being built and players coming in.

Newcastle and the Saudis cash; Arsenal with American cash - they all have their geo-political baggage.

Both sides are almost as bad as each other: expansionists on the Russian side; nazis on the Ukrainian side.

I'm looking at this from the perspective of an Everton stadium being built and players coming in.

Newcastle and the Saudis cash; Arsenal with American cash - they all have their geo-political baggage.
Exactly.

It's the era of the virtue signal though. Moyes being slaughtered still because he didn't give in over playing Zouma.

Sometimes you have to make a stand and not give in to the pitchforked mob. Evertonians need to have Usmanov's back. Chelsea fans will with Abramavich.

On what basis would you call ukraine nazis

You are so desensitised from the real world

Inappropriate Language

I FFFIN Love you .You crazy MAD AS HATTER [Poor language removed]

Dont't believe the Russians. With a Jewish president, Ukraine are pretty bad nazis.

I don’t mean to dismissive, but this is a post bathed in ignorance.

The Ukrainian government are far from angels it is true, but to call them nazis is facile in the extreme. The president and prime minister are both literally Jewish.
Yes, there is antisemitism in Ukraine (as there is in the much of the rest of Easter Europe) and likewise there is far right extremism.

But the last election saw 2.5% of votes go to the far right resulting in no parliamentary seats.

In 2014 the Russians literally blew a civilian airliners for the sky. Today, they attack residential blocks for no particular reason at all.

So, neither side is whiter than whiter, but only one is truly despicable

At last the voice is wisdom and reason arrives.

And you are spot on. Dont side with the paedophiles of the BBC, or ever be lectured by the likes of them. Here here.

This should be the official club statement.

Don't pretend Moshiri is some financial genius. We only have to look at how he has run our club into the ground to see that is nonsense.

I'm not pretending hes a financial genius, I've mentioned nothing of the sort.

However he is a well respected, qualified accountant, who is worth several billion. So politely, it would be logical to think he can obfuscate assets away from statutory bodies. That is the essence of accountancy at the top level, and he is one of the best.

Terms like genius are loaded, and not what I would use. But he clearly has the skills to cleverly move assets around, which I should imagine he has been doing in previous years (and what his unique function to others is).

As for his managing of a football club, I would tend to agree. Frankly it's quite bewildering. But I can also see you dont judge someones accountancy skills on their abilities to run a football club. The two are very separate disciplines.

His boss stole it and then handed it to Moshiri. Are you suggesting Moshiri who was Usmanov's accountant didn't know where it came from. That is exactly why USM is now on the US sanctions list.

I really dont think theres any evidence either Usmanov, or Moshiri stole anything.

USM is on a sanctions list, because the USA are attacking a rival power in a war situation. To me it's an immoral act to sanction businesses in a war situation, but the old adage of all is fair in love and war comes to mind.

The USA are terrified China and its superior communist system will replace their inferior system, and are taking it out on the world. It's a terrible shame, as the USA are the biggest war criminals in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.