Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of sabre rattling and grandstanding, there's no appetite for war in the west,the hawks will be made to sit down. Russia thankfully seems to have no interest in taking all of Ukraine, they'll stay in the Donbas till peacetalks begin. The 2 states will get their independence, Russia will withdraw with Crimea officially recognised as part of Russia. Probably their goal all along.imo.

Yes I'd probably go along with this. With the agreement Ukraine to not join NATO. A reasonable compromise all round, and any short term sanctions will be lifted.

If Europe becomes reliant on Russia for energy and starts forming closer ties with Russia the US state and corporate power is significantly weakened.
The huge increase in military US presence in Europe along the current Russian border over the last two decades is staggering
The US has been pushing Russia and China towards war, and the world, for the last two decades.
this is indisputable and makes Russia moving into Ukraine inevitable
I am no fan of the USofA or Capitalism at all, but trying to blame them for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is laughable.
To further suggest that the West should cosy up to the grotesque, arrogant tyrant that is Putin is despicable.
Putin has invaded the Ukraine for the exact reasons Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia, namely to unite Russian peoples in search of a pan - Russian ideal. Something which is parallel to Hitlers pan - Germanic Reich.
It is an inexcusable act of aggression which should be condemned by any one with an ounce of humanity.
China will undoubtedly see this as a green light for the reunification of Taiwan, and then the world will be in all kinds of bother.
We should never stand by when the strong attacks the weak.

I have been stating to our norse friends for a while that the stadium will be largely paid for by naming rights paid by Usmanov. It was him who said " USM Arena. Why not ? "
I have always thought it would be something like £300 million over 10 years. A lot and it has to be justified as being in the normal ballpark for naming rights. This is achieved in my eyes by the fact that is on one of the most iconic waterfronts in the world. Its not stuck in the doldrums of North London for instance. So i am concerned about stadium financing going forward. Oligarchs are not thick though and i m sure their money isnt under the pillow. They ll have been forewarned about possible sanctions and have taken the necessary precautions. All will become clear in the fullness of time. I do find it strange though that we have started BM without any clarification on how its going to be paid for. As far as i m aware we are told Moshiri has put up £100 million to get it started. Have i missed something. Glad to be corrected. Anyway concerned but still optimistic. God bless to all those working class lads fighting on both sides.

No doubt our pipeline of money is Usminov, but there is a reason we are owned by Moshiri as opposed to him, Moshiri is the front for this very reason. Lads like Usminov have known for years that things would play out this way eventually and have strategies like Moshiri in play, as fronts partners or proxy’s to be the face. No muss no fuss.

The UK anyway won’t touch this in a million years, there will be enough sanctions to look plausible internationally, but not enough of substance as the U.K. is dependent on Billions of Russian money, investment sloshing around and being washed in London particular. If the U.K. didn’t go hard when people were being poisoned by Russia on their own streets, they aren’t going to now. Besides the U.K. Goverment won’t want to pull on the financial string to much as they are up to their necks in Russian money politically themselves.

I am no fan of the USofA or Capitalism at all, but trying to blame them for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is laughable.
To further suggest that the West should cosy up to the grotesque, arrogant tyrant that is Putin is despicable.
Putin has invaded the Ukraine for the exact reasons Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia, namely to unite Russian peoples in search of a pan - Russian ideal. Something which is parallel to Hitlers pan - Germanic Reich.
It is an inexcusable act of aggression which should be condemned by any one with an ounce of humanity.
China will undoubtedly see this as a green light for the reunification of Taiwan, and then the world will be in all kinds of bother.
We should never stand by when the strong attacks the weak.
Be careful what you wish for
What would you have the Russian president be, another washington set?
He is as much the product of a world exploited
Lets hope, within current geopolitc, that a 'Russian' president becomes great for his people
but at this stage I see a leader under the pressure of a more powerful aggressor, fighting for his Russia
And the Ukraine/Crimea are vital to a Russia that keeps the world in balance

Soon we will be faacing greater threats, when the permafrost melts....
The necessary needs to happen and unfortunately that means Ukrainians laying down their guns.

How can anyone in the West support or sympathize with Putin, baffling.

This ex KGB agent has been hellbent since he wormed his way into the Kremlin to bring back the Soviet Union and another Cold War against the West.

Chechnya, Georgia, Ukraine are 3 countries he's invaded under his rule, after that he'll go for the small border countries of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.

A despotic tyrant dictator who's already threatened nuclear measures if the West intervenes.

He's a botoxed to the eyeballs vertically challenged psychotic control freak.

If this succeeds then China has carte blanche to invade Taiwan.

Last edited:
Inviting Russia to join nato as has been mooted before wouldn't be the worst idea either especially when Chinas so strong.
Would you go to war for Russia? If Russia joined NATO, he'd likely just see us as strengthening his hand in global domination.

Would you go to war for Russia? If Russia joined NATO, he'd likely just see us as strengthening his hand in global domination.
Plenty of countries in nato love to nation build and love to pick wars with non nato countries ,US and Russia on same team could be a check balance on each other. The cold wars over they dont always have to be the bogey man.Times change remember Russia fought and died against the nazis, whilst Ukraine collaborated with them. United against the growing power of China would suit us all better.

Yes I'd probably go along with this. With the agreement Ukraine to not join NATO. A reasonable compromise all round, and any short term sanctions will be lifted.
Not for nothing, why are you thinking there is a "reasoned" argument for this invasion? The west has said for weeks "Putin is going to invade" where he said "nonononono" and then finally decided to anyways. It's the largest attack on a sovereign nation since WW2. And nobody REALLY knows why.

I think it would be wise for Everton to abandon the siren leading into Z Cars for a while.

I'm hearing it on news coverage from Ukraine and the first thing that came into my head was Z Cars.

Not appropriate right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.