Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@catcherintherye if the UK government force Usmanov out of Everton whilst rolling the red carpet for the Saudi's at Newcastle who are bombing Yemen will that be the straw that breaks the camels back for you???

I think the proverbial camels back has been broken with this government a long time ago.

Sadly though, when you actually boil down the noise from this, that is the position some are articulating. And that is fine, but it's an incoherent, immoral and inconsistent position. All I'm doing is pointing that out.

@Earwigjoe

I know it probably happened since you posted last night but they are taking Kyiv.

Likely this doesn't end with Ukraine?

if a NATO member activates Article 5, such as Poland then it will be all out war as NATO agreements states they have to assist a NATO nation, that will likely trigger a wider conflict. ( I use Poland as an example, could be Moldova, Lithuania etc etc)

His intentions are yet unclear but it is very clear from his sinister broadcast of Wednesday that he will use all Russian might, if NATO forces are used.

I know it probably happened since you posted last night but they are taking Kyiv.

Likely this doesn't end with Ukraine?

if a NATO member activates Article 5, such as Poland then it will be all out war as NATO agreements states they have to assist a NATO nation, that will likely trigger a wider conflict. ( I use Poland as an example, could be Moldova, Lithuania etc etc)

His intentions are yet unclear but it is very clear from his sinister broadcast of Wednesday that he will use all Russian might, if NATO forces are used.

There needs to be some serious efforts put in to diffuse the situation. I think that message may be beginning to finally sink in to some war mongering western leaders.

@catcherintherye if the UK government force Usmanov out of Everton whilst rolling the red carpet for the Saudi's at Newcastle who are bombing Yemen will that be the straw that breaks the camels back for you???

Everton are an easy target. Labour city and don't cause the fuss our neighbours do.

A shame Andy Burnham isn't Labour leader as he would have our back all the way.

Nobody is in favour of Putin, but they are in favour of consistency.

It wouldnt make sense for Putin to invade Estonia or Lithuania (who I believe are in the EU).

It's time for the war mongering to stop, and some calm heads to go and negotiate.

As for China into Taiwan, maybe. That may well be a very good thing for Taiwan, as it has been for the people of Hong Kong to be freed from the tyranny of British imperialism.
What

Everton are an easy target. Labour city and don't cause the fuss our neighbours do.

A shame Andy Burnham isn't Labour leader as he would have our back all the way.

Yep end of the day Putin is a tyrant and what he's doing in Ukraine is scandalous but attacking Russian businessman / businesses isn't the way to go about solving things.

If NATO dont have the balls to go in and give him a slap then I dont see why clubs like Everton and Chelsea have to suffer especially when the PL is funded by Qatari, Saudi and Abu Dhabi blood money, Chinese businesses linked to Wolves and owning a stake in City and no one blinks an eye to any of it!

There needs to be some serious efforts put in to diffuse the situation. I think that message may be beginning to finally sink in to some war mongering western leaders.
When it comes to detecting war mongers, maybe a bit of an indicator is someone who sends tanks, troops and aircraft into a neighbouring state without the slightest provocation, and then starts killing people. Just a thought, like.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.