Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of sabre rattling and grandstanding, there's no appetite for war in the west,the hawks will be made to sit down. Russia thankfully seems to have no interest in taking all of Ukraine, they'll stay in the Donbas till peacetalks begin. The 2 states will get their independence, Russia will withdraw with Crimea officially recognised as part of Russia. Probably their goal all along.imo.
Don’t you watch the news

Russia has known for months about the sanctions that would be put in place if it attacked Ukraine and would have had plans
to minimise the impact of the sanctions.

I basically use my Twitter just to follow football teams for team news etc. I noticed yesterday almost all the foreign teams tweeted things like below but none of the English sides did. We always seem slow to the cause.

I hope we avoid actually sending troops or providing direct support. It looks like there are a lot of anti war protests in Russia already, pressure from that along with sanctions will hopefully help to eventually get somewhere. Obviously in the meantime there are horrendous scenes in Ukraine which is horrible.

If the likes of the USA, UK and others enter into a direct war with Russia what's stopping them using nuclear weapons? Putin won't just give in.

How can anyone in the West support or sympathize with Putin, baffling.

This ex KGB agent has been hellbent since he wormed his way into the Kremlin to bring back the Soviet Union and another Cold War against the West.

Chechnya, Georgia, Ukraine are 3 countries he's invaded under his rule, after that he'll go for the small border countries of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.

A despotic tyrant dictator who's already threatened nuclear measures if the West intervenes.

He's a botoxed to the eyeballs vertically challenged psychotic control freak.

If this succeeds then China has carte blanche to invade Taiwan.

Nobody is in favour of Putin, but they are in favour of consistency.

It wouldnt make sense for Putin to invade Estonia or Lithuania (who I believe are in the EU).

It's time for the war mongering to stop, and some calm heads to go and negotiate.

As for China into Taiwan, maybe. That may well be a very good thing for Taiwan, as it has been for the people of Hong Kong to be freed from the tyranny of British imperialism.

Not for nothing, why are you thinking there is a "reasoned" argument for this invasion? The west has said for weeks "Putin is going to invade" where he said "nonononono" and then finally decided to anyways. It's the largest attack on a sovereign nation since WW2. And nobody REALLY knows why.

Largest attack on a sovereign nation since WW2? Err are we just ignoring all the attacks the US have carried out then? Or the bombing campaign in Yemen from Saudi?

There is always a reasoned way out of situation. It just depends how much people want to pursue it in order to save lives.

And of course people know why. Putin has made clear why. We might not like it, or agree with it, but it's very clear what his rational is.

Status
Not open for further replies.