Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree no one wants a war - but these soft sanctions will do nothing to deter someone like Putin.

So people have to either accept whats going on in Ukraine or they take a firm stand to it.

A slap on the wrist sanctions and some virtue signalling by politicians on social media isn't going to get him to back off.

Hes already priced in sanctions. The oligarchs have already priced it in. The assets will have long gone. Abramovich, Usmanov et al have all moved their assets yonks ago. All these sanctions do, is hurt the poorest in society.

That's the reality, people wont want to hear it, and maybe people wont care, but that's the harsh reality of the situation.

The Tories have announced 2 rounds of sanctions as well, they are not going to just keep announcing sanctions if the facts on the ground dont change.

A large amount of money but still nothing that directly means the stadium won't go through like the doom mongers want us to believe.
Tbh I don't want us to have anything to do with him

I'd like us to sever ties with him right now, because he's a crap owner for one

Again this "dictators/tyrants/irrational" is parroting the news - we're being bombarded with this language 24/7. It makes it sound like he's the leader of some small country that can be easily "vanquished".

I'm sure other parts of the world said the same about Bush and Blair and Iraq etc.

We might not agree with the reasons but he will have reasons.
Indeed, I have no time for any of those mentioned, all tyrants in their own way, juts with a Western lilt. Blair and Bush should have been in the Hague 100%. As others before and maybe in the future will also need to be held accountable, far too often they are not.

Nobody is in favour of Putin, but they are in favour of consistency.

It wouldnt make sense for Putin to invade Estonia or Lithuania (who I believe are in the EU).

It's time for the war mongering to stop, and some calm heads to go and negotiate.

As for China into Taiwan, maybe. That may well be a very good thing for Taiwan, as it has been for the people of Hong Kong to be freed from the tyranny of British imperialism.
A friend's sons mate in Vilnius has had his call up papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.