Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Earwigjoe

I know it probably happened since you posted last night but they are taking Kyiv.

Likely this doesn't end with Ukraine?

if a NATO member activates Article 5, such as Poland then it will be all out war as NATO agreements states they have to assist a NATO nation, that will likely trigger a wider conflict. ( I use Poland as an example, could be Moldova, Lithuania etc etc)
That's such a massive escalation and I'm pretty sure thoughts of that come more from the way he's being depicted in the media as "mad", "insane" etc but that's just treating the public like children. If he was that crazy it'd have been done years ago.

If they do that, it's over for all of us, including Russia. Which is why they won't.

That's such a massive escalation and I'm pretty sure thoughts of that come more from the way he's being depicted in the media as "mad", "insane" etc but that's just treating the public like children. If he was that crazy it'd have been done years ago.

If they do that, it's over for all of us, including Russia. Which is why they won't.
Yes you would hope Mutually Assured Destruction would be the "rationale" but is Putin acting Rational? Have dictators/tyrants ever acted this way?

its a troubling time for sure.

one of the biggest worries is the clowns we have in office being responsible for overseeing any response and avoiding any escalation, I certainly have no faith in Johnson or Biden, the EU, UN and NATO are pretty benign entities also.

Yep end of the day Putin is a tyrant and what he's doing in Ukraine is scandalous but attacking Russian businessman / businesses isn't the way to go about solving things.

If NATO dont have the balls to go in and give him a slap then I dont see why clubs like Everton and Chelsea have to suffer especially when the PL is funded by Qatari, Saudi and Abu Dhabi blood money, Chinese businesses linked to Wolves and owning a stake in City and no one blinks an eye to any of it!
And precipitate nuclear war… yeah, that’s a plan.

Please engage brain before posting eh ?

Yes you would hope Mutually Assured Destruction would be the "rationale" but is Putin acting Rational? Have dictators/tyrants ever acted this way?

its a troubling time for sure.

one of the biggest worries is the clowns we have in office being responsible for overseeing any response and avoiding any escalation, I certainly have no faith in Johnson or Biden, the EU, UN and NATO are pretty benign entities also.
Again this "dictators/tyrants/irrational" is parroting the news - we're being bombarded with this language 24/7. It makes it sound like he's the leader of some small country that can be easily "vanquished".

I'm sure other parts of the world said the same about Bush and Blair and Iraq etc.

We might not agree with the reasons but he will have reasons.

And precipitate nuclear war… yeah, that’s a plan.

Please engage brain before posting eh ?

Anyone who thinks Putin is going to accept nuclear war are the kind of people Putin absolutely loves to face.

Because you're terrified of fronting up to him on that basis.

Nuclear war didnt happen in the Cold War despite the fear mongering because neither side ultimately wants it.

Its mutally assured destruction.

Nobody is in favour of Putin, but they are in favour of consistency.

It wouldnt make sense for Putin to invade Estonia or Lithuania (who I believe are in the EU).

It's time for the war mongering to stop, and some calm heads to go and negotiate.

As for China into Taiwan, maybe. That may well be a very good thing for Taiwan, as it has been for the people of Hong Kong to be freed from the tyranny of British imperialism.
What the hell?? Do you know what you’re saying ?

Anyone who thinks Putin is going to accept nuclear war are the kind of people Putin absolutely loves to face.

Because you're terrified of fronting up to him on that basis.

Nuclear war didnt happen in the Cold War despite the fear mongering because neither side ultimately wants it.

Its mutally assured destruction.
I'm as terrified of a conventional war with Russia as I am nuclear. No intention of ending up on the front lines of any war. Especially not this sort of one across the world

When it comes to detecting war mongers, maybe a bit of an indicator is someone who sends tanks, troops and aircraft into a neighbouring state without the slightest provocation, and then starts killing people. Just a thought, like.

I dont think anybody is naming the argument that Putin is not a war mongerer. His actions are a breach of international law.

Hes not the only one to have ever done it though.

I'm as terrified of a conventional war with Russia as I am nuclear. No intention of ending up on the front lines of any war. Especially not this sort of one across the world

I agree no one wants a war - but these soft sanctions will do nothing to deter someone like Putin.

So people have to either accept whats going on in Ukraine or they take a firm stand to it.

A slap on the wrist sanctions and some virtue signalling by politicians on social media isn't going to get him to back off.

I agree no one wants a war - but these soft sanctions will do nothing to deter someone like Putin.

So people have to either accept whats going on in Ukraine or they take a firm stand to it.

A slap on the wrist sanctions and some virtue signalling by politicians on social media isn't going to get him to back off.

the idiot wants a war. seriously he’s hitler

Status
Not open for further replies.