Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuchel has already said that Gallagher has a place in the team for next season Zat so you can forget him tbh, Gilmour might be a better shout although I'm not 100% sold on him tbh. I don't know about Broja he defo looks good and Saints did try to make a move for him in the winter window but with the slight uncertainty over Lukaku/Werner they may want him back. There will be other young lads in the Chelsea youth setup that I'm sure the coaching team is aware of (they have plenty of players after all) so we will see.

Think Gilmour is a jewel myself, loads of work to be done with him mind, Chelsea would be mad to sell.

Tuchel has already said that Gallagher has a place in the team for next season Zat so you can forget him tbh, Gilmour might be a better shout although I'm not 100% sold on him tbh. I don't know about Broja he defo looks good and Saints did try to make a move for him in the winter window but with the slight uncertainty over Lukaku/Werner they may want him back. There will be other young lads in the Chelsea youth setup that I'm sure the coaching team is aware of (they have plenty of players after all) so we will see.

Yeah I think Broja and Gallagher 'may' still be attainable if the 'right' offer came in.

@catcherintherye mentioned Colwill on loan at Huddersfield. He looks to be the centre back version of Reece James in terms of potential.

I think they are willing to sell those types of players if the fees are juicy.

Think Gilmour is a jewel myself, loads of work to be done with him mind, Chelsea would be mad to sell.

There is a good player there but he gives the ball away a lot, but I do like that his game is quite rounded for someone still quite young. I wouldn't say he was as good as Gallagher who I think will go all the way though.

The problem with Gilmour is that he seems to have totally flopped this season. Whether that is because hes been at Norwich, not used as a deep playmaker or otherwise i dont know.

Have only seen him play for Chelsea (not Norwich or Scotland) so not sure on him recently.

Of course, the wild card is that he only has a year on his deal and is Lampards protege.

Also in favour is him apparently being mates with Patterson having come up the Rangers and Scotland ranks together -- so should adapt to the club quickly.

He's someone id be excited about if we signed him as his potential I think is beyond most u21s in the world -- solely based on his Chelsea games.

There is a good player there but he gives the ball away a lot, but I do like that his game is quite rounded for someone still quite young. I wouldn't say he was as good as Gallagher who I think will go all the way though.

Gilmour in my opinion is very special mate - actually a comparrison to him Gallagher is a good one. Two very different players, lads of Gallaghers skill set are quite common, they are athletic central midfielders, who can break lines and penetrate by running and being an option, it’s what we have in Doucoure. Lads like Gilmour are a rare species and becoming more and more rare, they can get on the ball, read the game and dictate the pace and the tempo, they pull strings and control the game, he has this - now he’s very raw but I think he’s very talented, it’s something not a lot of midfielders have in their locker. He also has very good vision, and in game awareness and intelligence, positionaly, spacial and overall game.

Norwich was a massively poor move for him, because they will never have the ball long enough in the PL for him to impose his skills on the game. At his age I think he has exceptional talent that I’d love to get a hold off.

Last edited:
Only here can people watch Gilmour stink the place out all season and be the worst player in the side for the worst team in the league and see him as the saviour of our midfield lol

Only here can people watch Gilmour stink the place out all season and be the worst player in the side for the worst team in the league and see him as the saviour of our midfield lol

But then a lad like Gallagher was arguably that last season, people watch football and can spot a diamond in a bad team it’s not just about following results and drawing concrete conclusions based on those results. Anthony Gordon couldn’t get a game for Preston last year. Ben Godfrey the year he was in the PL with Norwich, got battered stats and results wise, but watching him play football you could pick out his talent, attributes and skill that you’d like to sign.

Besides Gilmour at this stage we’ve seen at various levels like PL in a high legel team like Chelsea, the Champions League and International Tournaments - at 19/20.

Last edited:

But then a lad like Gallagher was arguably that last season, people watch football and can spot a diamond in a bad team it’s not just about following results and drawing concrete conclusions based on those results. Anthony Gordon couldn’t get a game for Preston last year. Ben Godfrey the year he was in the PL with Norwich, got battered stats and results wise, but watching him play football you could pick out his talent you’d like to sign.
Yes a remember a game for WBA where
He was at fault for 2 goals.
Very difficult to judge in poor teams.

Frank has seen a lot of him, so if he wants him, then so be it.

He seem to fit the type of player Frank wants as a sitting midfielder.

Yes a remember a game for WBA where
He was at fault for 2 goals.
Very difficult to judge in poor teams.

Frank has seen a lot of him, so if he wants him, then so be it.

He seem to fit the type of player Frank wants as a sitting midfielder.
Frankly gave him his debut.

Ive heard Roy Keane speak about Gilmour, he absolutely raves about him - so much so it’s unsettling given he doesn’t give praise easily or at all really.

In Carlos first few months here, just before the very first lock down, we played Chelsea - Gilmour destroyed us. Think it was something like 3/4 -1.

Frankly gave him his debut.

Ive heard Roy Keane speak about Gilmour, he absolutely raves about him - so much so it’s unsettling given he doesn’t give praise easily or at all really.

In Carlos first few months here, just before the very first lock down, we played Chelsea - Gilmour destroyed us. Think it was something like 3/4 -1.
Think it was 4-0 and he also was mom v Liverpool around the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.