Stop oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the battery to store the power!

Still though - I feel better about solar power because I'd be more independent and not relying on the government.

Also I'm from Australia - so aside from three months in winter, we get some decent sun.

The only problem is cost - its expensive, and takes years to get your money back.
I’d go big on fusion tech. Super heating sea water with lasers where power generated is greater than energy used to produce initial the power input

That’s what Gordon Ghecko put £100 million pounds into on Wall Street 2!

?

I’d go big on fusion tech. Super heating sea water with lasers where power generated is greater than energy used to produce initial the power input

That’s what Gordon Ghecko put £100 million pounds into on Wall Street 2!

?
As the old science joke goes, fusion power is only ten years away…

Stop telling the average Joe who contributes about 1% towards global waste.

Seriously, if these people want change, stop targeting the bottom 1%. Go after the big companies and even if you get them the reduce their waste by a few %, it will have far more.of an impact than if you got every person in goodison park to cut their waste by 100%.
I don’t think it’s a case of going after the average joe, but rather mobilising their support. We have a collective power to put pressure on governments and big companies.

I don’t think it’s a case of going after the average joe, but rather mobilising their support. We have a collective power to put pressure on governments and big companies.
It doesn't work though. How many times do we see this type of protest? It happens at least a few times every year, where it gets pretty good coverage in the news. Getting the average Joe's support involves disrupting big business without putting the burden onto normal people who aren't the major cause of the problem.

For example, how does gluing yourself to the M25 and stopping people getting home from work get people on their side?

It doesn't work though. How many times do we see this type of protest? It happens at least a few times every year, where it gets pretty good coverage in the news. Getting the average Joe's support involves disrupting big business without putting the burden onto normal people who aren't the major cause of the problem.

For example, how does gluing yourself to the M25 and stopping people getting home from work get people on their side?
The burden is on normal people, regardless of how protests are made. Normal people will be the first and worst to suffer as climate change worsens.

And doesn’t it work at all? I only started reading about insulation when insulate Britain forced into into the news.

he has a point but it’s delivered about as well as a Hermes parcel when youre not in. She missed a trick not going all Alan Partridge on him,
”have you ever kissed a girl Louis?”….
Talk radio why do people listen to this station?She is a vile person. I can only hear her voice. I rather like him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.