Stop oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
From what I’ve read, they are working in pods of 20 activists
Tried it without success at Arsenal couple of days ago too.
Only success is Goodison … Everton that

Crying here.

Someone mentioned a fella in the Lower Gwladys offered his knife to cut the lad free.

And “pods”. How non-offensive.

What I don't get why are they never pleasant normal looking blokes...

F6ABCDCE-2492-4930-B22B-7285FC73DB4F.jpeg

Imagine if the guy who had to cut him free was actually a psychopath who saw this as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and took a pair of pliers to the lad’s tongue and ripped it out of his head, live on TV.

You’d have people in the Gladwys vomiting and fainting, and Amazon Prime would probably see it as excellent value for their subscriber base.
Ahh... the controversial missing verse from John Lennon's song.

Respect to the lad. As others have said, we‘ll remember the likes of him when the refugee crisis gets beyond tipping point.

Stopping oil won’t be easy though. Are they just anti the burning of fuel? Without oil we’d have to rethink almost everything around us. From tarmac roads to fabrics & packaging, medicines to the toothpaste on your toothbrush.

And if it’s just the greenhouse gasses, doesn’t meat & dairy produce more than all transport combined?

And no one talks about population.

Respect to the lad. As others have said, we‘ll remember the likes of him when the refugee crisis gets beyond tipping point.

Stopping oil won’t be easy though. Are they just anti the burning of fuel? Without oil we’d have to rethink almost everything around us. From tarmac roads to fabrics & packaging, medicines to the toothpaste on your toothbrush.

And if it’s just the greenhouse gasses, doesn’t meat & dairy produce more than all transport combined?

And no one talks about population.
Good pony’s
He was basically asking governments to do more to stop our reliance on oil,in a week when fat Boris has gone cap in hand to Saudi to ask for more. These people don’t want (expect) us to change overnight but ask that those who can effect change get on with it and not up our usage.

True about meat, dairy etc but they are different arguments/protests I guess

Good pony’s
He was basically asking governments to do more to stop our reliance on oil,in a week when fat Boris has gone cap in hand to Saudi to ask for more. These people don’t want (expect) us to change overnight but ask that those who can effect change get on with it and not up our usage.

True about meat, dairy etc but they are different arguments/protests I guess

The problem is governments are powerless. I find it baffling that most people accept that regimes in the Middle East were put in place & maintained by oil companies, yet would scream tin foil hat at the suggestion that our own governments are manipulated by global Oil/Banking/Pharmaceuticals.

The problem is Capitalism. Or more specifically the extreme Neo Liberal capitalism we have now.

The problem is governments are powerless. I find it baffling that most people accept that regimes in the Middle East were put in place & maintained by oil companies, yet would scream tin foil hat at the suggestion that our own governments are manipulated by global Oil/Banking/Pharmaceuticals.

The problem is Capitalism. Or more specifically the extreme Neo Liberal capitalism we have now.
Change is afoot, we are seeing multi-nationals and even nations distancing themselves from fossil reliance. I do feel they are often only doing so as it is the thing to be seen to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.