Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a good while this season I stopped watching us because hiring benitez just sucked the passion out of me. The games I did watch and certainly the ones recently seem to have patterns to them.

Long story short , we don't seem to know how to attack. We have plenty of attacking players sure but we don't know how to actually attack.

This is what is killing us. We can't score , the players are incapable of working together to score. We have so much of the ball around the box but do nothing with it. Kenny almost handballed it two games in a row in the exact same position! Last night it wasn't called but the Burnley fans shouted it.

Even the lewen thing annoyed me, dribbled into the box and was looking for a pass outside it rather than driving at goal to at least force a corner if the goal wasn't on.
It’s a vicious cycle. The forwards know that if they don’t score we’ll get nothing as the defence can’t keep a clean sheet, and the defence know that conceding means we lose because we can’t score, so both groups are under undue pressure every time they have something to do.

It’s a vicious cycle. The forwards know that if they don’t score we’ll get nothing as the defence can’t keep a clean sheet, and the defence know that conceding means we lose because we can’t score, so both groups are under undue pressure every time they have something to do.
Very sad time to be an evertonian now. Hurts so much more looking how successful the rs are. We're a laughing stock. Our owner has really ballsed things up. We are a much worse position than we were under BK and moyes. Who'd have thought that a 500+ million investment would lead to this. Absolute madness, wrapped in disappointment and garnished with frustration.

23661336-092B-4AD5-9BB1-C81F3819E724.jpeg

This is our ‘form’ over the last 10 games. The only team as bad as us is Graham Potter’s Brighton.

What is glaringly obvious to me is that we have a collection of individuals with no collegiality.

They don't play as a team. There is zero understanding as far as I can see. They nevertheless collect their outrageous salaries as they take successive managers out and bring this Club to the brink.

Really depressing for our loyal supporters particularly our brilliant away fans.

What is glaringly obvious to me is that we have a collection of individuals with no collegiality.

They don't play as a team. There is zero understanding as far as I can see. They nevertheless collect their outrageous salaries as they take successive managers out and bring this Club to the brink.

Really depressing for our loyal supporters particularly our brilliant away fans.
The most obvious clue to this is Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison! You never seem them talking to each other, they barely even acknowledge each other on the pitch - they give the impression they don’t get on!
To me they certainly don’t work together as a two up front!

EVERTON THAT!!

• Burnley scored first, fell behind, and then came back to win a Premier League match for the first time in their history. For Everton, it was the first time they’d conceded first, gone ahead, and then lost a Premier League game since October 2019 against Brighton.
In thier history????

We are remarkable.

The most obvious clue to this is Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison! You never seem them talking to each other, they barely even acknowledge each other on the pitch - they give the impression they don’t get on!
To me they certainly don’t work together as a two up front!
I've been seeing this and clocked it when Richy blazed over instead of looking to square it to DCL. Dom is still our best option up top but I wouldn't be surprised if we went with Rondon. I know we don't deserve it but I reaaaaally really don't want to go down.

Baines - Distin - Jags - Hibbert

Glory Days… who would have thought?
Sigh. Looked basic but they were coached properly back then with Moyes. Another hindsight moment when I admittedly didn't want him back. Now look at what he's done for W Ham with a cup tie in Europe tonight and good luck to them. Even the chance to secure Zouma but we didn't. I see all the talk about our attack being mediocre but a cr*p defence is way way worse. Wolves are 8th and have only scored 1 more goal than us. Says a lot.

@Charles Hawtrey just catching up. So sorry mate. Over the years I have had to make the horrible trip to the vet many times.

All our pets are buried in our garden.

Best advice I ever got from a vet was if your dog struggles to get up and is not wagging its tail in the morning, it is kindness to let them go to sleep.

I have never had just one dog since 1990. When one passes at least we have others to soften the blow.

My best wishes to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.