2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think anyone saying he can't / won't be a squad player for us next season or in the future is very pessimistic. Like any 21 year old there is still more to learn, but you can't teach the raw physical attributes he has, and it's a great base to work from. It's a step up from playing & scoring regularly for the 3rd best team in Scotland to our end of the PL, but not an enormous one, plenty have made it in the past.

To put it another way, if I'd watched that game today and Simms wasn't already ours, I'd definitely be saying we should be having a look at him as a young player with the raw potential to sign and develop over the next couple of years.

Well I’m glad I put this thread back to the top the other day ?

The big guy was magnificent today and scored Hearts’ 2nd best goal of the day (have a look for Stephen Kingsley’s effort).

Ellis Simms will now be going for a cup winner’s medal next month.

Will I be getting drunk tonight?

Why yes.

Cheers folks ??????

Anyone saying he could start for us, needs to be aware that hes 21 years old and has yet to make it.
He should be given a go this next season and see if he's got it at premier level (obviously if were still in prem) if not sell/move on with no more contracts given. We have to be more clinical about our youth players (and by youth i mean players around his age now). We can't let the club continue to be a place where being average allows you to make a good living.

Hearts fan, season ticket, he’s doing reasonably well in the SPL….he’s miles off even being a squad player for Everton next season. Honest thoughts seeing him every week for Hearts is he’s not going to make the grade at Everton.

He should be given a go this next season and see if he's got it at premier level (obviously if were still in prem) if not sell/move on with no more contracts given. We have to be more clinical about our youth players (and by youth i mean players around his age now). We can't let the club continue to be a place where being average allows you to make a good living.
Giving players a go to see if they’ve got it is exactly how you end up in a situation where average players end up staying. The key is to make your decision on how good a player is before you get to that stage.

Giving players a go to see if they’ve got it is exactly how you end up in a situation where average players end up staying. The key is to make your decision on how good a player is before you get to that stage.
I disagree not if it's done properly, I'm all for giving a guy a chance to prove himself especially if he's already under contract. We need to avoid giving players contracts so they can prove themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.