2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont really get that tbh. I want the team to win because I like winning but I was never going to support a manager I believe was fundamentally the wrong choice

And if 40k Evertonians attending Goodison all thought that way is there any wonder why the atmosphere is toxic these days?

You support the manager. Not saying the manager shouldn't be questioned on the results / performances but the banners, personal abuse from day one was disgraceful and something I thought Evertonians were above tbh.

And if 40k Evertonians attending Goodison all thought that way is there any wonder why the atmosphere is toxic these days?

You support the manager. Not saying the manager shouldn't be questioned on the results / performances but the banners, personal abuse from day one was disgraceful and something I thoughr Evertonians were above tbh.
I cant support something I dont believe will work. Thats why I did not support him. Goodison was right at the end of the day. Evertonians understand football

Moshiri is to blame though, not Benitez. He knew exactly what would happen and still made the appointment.

I cant support something I dont believe will work. Thats why I did not support him. Goodison was right at the end of the day. Evertonians understand football

Moshiri is to blame though, not Benitez. He knew exactly what would happen and still made the appointment.

Do you still hold that belief when the fans inevitably turn on Lampard?

On the Benitez point - by the sounds of his interview with the Athletic Kenwright sold him down the river with false promises.

You support the manager. Not saying the manager shouldn't be questioned on the results / performances but the banners, personal abuse from day one was disgraceful and something I thought Evertonians were above tbh.
This really.

On the Benitez point - by the sounds of his interview with the Athletic Kenwright sold him down the river with false promises.
I hope people have the common sense to back this manager as he tries to overhaul the squad. A few wont because they didn't want to support him from day 1, but I think the vast majority will.

We would have had money if we could have sold players. Benitez said we struggled to shift players so couldn't spend.

It's all redundant anyway as benitez was a terrible appointment and did a terrible job while he was here.

The squad he had we should have had far more points. His tactics were pretty much hoof it up to rondon. Wow.

I mean he had 6 meetings with the board, so I'm not sure he can blame anyone but himself.
Senor Benitez has a reputation for making sure his version of the truth is in circulation ahead of any criticism of his methods…I think he said he had a dossier based on watching Everton’s games and knew what needed to be done.
I am pretty sure he also said that as he lived in the local area(over the water?) he knew what Evertonians wanted…most of his selections and in game management from matches I attended suggested he didn’t.

Frustrating that Newcastle can spend £40 million on Guimares and he looks like a top player yet we pish away £160 million on Allan, Gomes, Gylfi, Doucs, Gbamin and Delph and not only have they made us worse, we’d be lucky to get £10 million back for the lot of them.
We were linked with him too weren't we. Our recruitment has been largely shocking for year's.

Spending money didn’t work for us. He has now transformed that Newcastle side under worse circumstances than us

Those last 6 games you mentioned are

Wolves - battered by them in possession and we lost at home
Newcastle - battered by them in possession and scored a last minute winner against the run of play and with 10 men
West Ham- an error strewn performance with another away defeat
Burnley - a must not lose game we lost after leading 2-1 at half time
Man Utd - battered by them in possession and scored a lucky deflected goal
Leicester - battered by them in possession and scored a last minute equaliser

4 of those 6 games we were outplayed and the two other games we weren’t outplayed in we lost because of mistakes

Hardly convincing displays at the moment. Our luck will run out at some point. We need to start actually putting in performances.
Whilst I agree we need results(performances I care less about right now the position we are in) asap. You do realise two things?The squad is massively imbalanced and or not good enough(look at all of the individual mistakes players have made this season), he joined at the tail end of a season where we were sinking like a stone. Yes Lampard has some tactical naivety but I put more blame on the players(who lack a strong winning mentality)/ recruitment our squad is imbalanced (and has been shorn of creativity with Digne, James and Sig all leaving or not being available ) /board and owner (have meddled in football decisions) than him. As for Howe totally different situation even with some of their lack of quality they have all positions covered and invested 100m in the team yes the coaching has worked too but it's a different set of circumstances. We had a manager nobody could get behind for months and couldn't spend in the summer. Appointed a second manager on deadline day, that kind of chaotic situation is different to Newcastle who got the boost of a new wealthy owners. Talk to me in a few years about Howe and Newcastle we shall see.

Last edited:
The issues we have were around long before him. He’s a young enthusiastic manager and I hope he’s the one for us.
Agreed mate the issues at this club are deep rooted. Any manager we appointed would need time to reset the squad. We also need a new owner but that's another discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.