2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact Ancelotti could get us in the position we were in with this squad was a miracle in itself, it was only natural it would start to drop off from those performances.
Ancelotti is a very good manager, but IMO he wouldn’t have done so well here if fans had berm in the stadiums, we did good away last season, with fans i don’t think we would have done. Imo lockdowns helped Ancelotti massively.

Ancelotti is a very good manager, but IMO he wouldn’t have done so well here if fans had berm in the stadiums, we did good away last season, with fans i don’t think we would have done. Imo lockdowns helped Ancelotti massively.

Surely our home record would have been better though..

No because not having fans worked for some other away teams as well, Imo the whole lock down situation was surreal it was just like a season of friendlies. On paper what Ancelotti achieved looked half decent but to me it doesn’t mean much as it wasnt played with fans.

Do you still hold that belief when the fans inevitably turn on Lampard?

On the Benitez point - by the sounds of his interview with the Athletic Kenwright sold him down the river with false promises.

Benitez said he couldnt spend before selling players -- thats common sense as the squad is bloated.

He also said he was unable to sell players which is plain stupid.

So if he had put DCL up for sale at £5mil there wouldnt have been buyers???? Of course we wouldnt do that but theres always a middle ground and plenty of rumours we asked £60mil for DCL but West Ham and others would only go to £50mil.

Everything about his tactics and squad management pointed to someone that hadnt done their homework.

Frustrating that Newcastle can spend £40 million on Guimares and he looks like a top player yet we pish away £160 million on Allan, Gomes, Gylfi, Doucs, Gbamin and Delph and not only have they made us worse, we’d be lucky to get £10 million back for the lot of them.

Ive been talking about Guimaraes for 2 years or so.

But this summer I think Thelwell will be working under a Lampard 'template' of types of players that would fit into his tactics -- then I think we'll be after those who are behind someone like Guimaraes in terms or age and development.

Arsenal went for White, Ramsdale, Odegaard, Tomiyasu, Lokonga and Tavares for a total of £150mil.

In theory, Pickford, Mina, Keane, Holgate, Gomes, Doucoure, Allan, Gbamin, Gray, Richarlison, DCL...doing an early Kean deal and out of contract players leaving should bring in enough funds that we could bring in:

GK
2× CB
2×CM
1WF
2 CF

Lampard improved players like Tomori, Mount, Gilmour, Abraham, James.

Its not only Chelsea that have a monopoly of these types of high potential players...

Like if Pickford leaves we go for Bazunu at City...if he cost £15mil and they want a £30-40mil buyback then do the deal, or take him on a 2 year loan.

Im really confident in Thelwell to focus on the type Lampard wants...and for Lampard to be able to develop them.

Thats why I think weve hired both of them.

Benitez said he couldnt spend before selling players -- thats common sense as the squad is bloated.

He also said he was unable to sell players which is plain stupid.

So if he had put DCL up for sale at £5mil there wouldnt have been buyers???? Of course we wouldnt do that but theres always a middle ground and plenty of rumours we asked £60mil for DCL but West Ham and others would only go to £50mil.

Everything about his tactics and squad management pointed to someone that hadnt done their homework.

Ive been talking about Guimaraes for 2 years or so.

But this summer I think Thelwell will be working under a Lampard 'template' of types of players that would fit into his tactics -- then I think we'll be after those who are behind someone like Guimaraes in terms or age and development.

Arsenal went for White, Ramsdale, Odegaard, Tomiyasu, Lokonga and Tavares for a total of £150mil.

In theory, Pickford, Mina, Keane, Holgate, Gomes, Doucoure, Allan, Gbamin, Gray, Richarlison, DCL...doing an early Kean deal and out of contract players leaving should bring in enough funds that we could bring in:

GK
2× CB
2×CM
1WF
2 CF

Lampard improved players like Tomori, Mount, Gilmour, Abraham, James.

Its not only Chelsea that have a monopoly of these types of high potential players...

Like if Pickford leaves we go for Bazunu at City...if he cost £15mil and they want a £30-40mil buyback then do the deal, or take him on a 2 year loan.

Im really confident in Thelwell to focus on the type Lampard wants...and for Lampard to be able to develop them.

Thats why I think weve hired both of them.
Is the assumption here that we stay in the PL or this will be the plan irrispective of what happens?

See tbf I'm not convinced on this.

Yes the crowd would have helped but as we've seen plenty of times these players can wilt at home too. And the way they played in some of those home games (Villa, Burnley, Sheff Utd) last season wasn't just because of having no fans. The Fulham defeat I think was in the main a lack of urgency which would have come from fans but those three I list were just shocking performances.

On the other hand, the way we played away from home, while very effective, relied on grabbing the first goal and holding out from there.

It's a moot point. We'd have been nowhere near this mess with Carlo in charge but we also would have been nowhere near it if we'd appointed pretty much any other manager than the one we did to follow him.

See tbf I'm not convinced on this.

Yes the crowd would have helped but as we've seen plenty of times these players can wilt at home too. And the way they played in some of those home games (Villa, Burnley, Sheff Utd) last season wasn't just because of having no fans. The Fulham defeat I think was in the main a lack of urgency which would have come from fans but those three I list were just shocking performances.

On the other hand, the way we played away from home, while very effective, relied on grabbing the first goal and holding out from there.

It's a moot point. We'd have been nowhere near this mess with Carlo in charge but we also would have been nowhere near it if we'd appointed pretty much any other manager than the one we did to follow him.
Crowds was the reason. They would have made an enormous difference to our home and away form

Undoubtedly this was the single biggest own goal. No player is going to give his all for a manager or try to learn the new manager's systems and ideas - what's the point, they were thinking. He'll be gone in a few weeks ... they [the fans] already hate him. It so obviously undermined Benitez from the beginning.

The major critics of Benitez will not recognise this though. That yes, their over the top actions, contributed to the malaise that the club is in this season. It won't be the reason we go down, but they were a giant wrecking ball. Indeed it likely also had the consequence of making Benitez and his staff think 'why should we bother giving our all?' Do these fans realise how poisonous they were to the running of the club? A genuine question to any of them. Do they think they have any blame at all in this?
I got a couple of middle fingers, but no answers to the questions above ...

Well, you can run but you can't hide. If we get relegated will you admit it then? Or are you hoping we can squeak to safety this season believing that despite the poison your conscience is clear - it didn't fatally injure Everton? We shall soon know. Ignore of course that it made the club's supporters look like the mafia hounding this fella and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.